JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What should I do next?

• Buy an AK47 in 7.62x39

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • Buy an AK46 in 5.56

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Buy Zastava M85 pistol in 5.56

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Build a 9mm AR

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Upgrade existing

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • Stop complaining!

Votes: 7 9.1%

• Total voters
Reactions
I've always wanted an AK but didn't want to add another caliber. I primary shoot and reload in bulk 9mm and 223/556. I've got plenty of ARs a Sub2k and all sorts of ammo. However I'm getting that itch to get something new, or I'm just bored and need to get kicked in the butt.

I could use a few sets of better than plastic Glock sights on a few guns. Perhaps a few other things that would improve an otherwise already perfectly functional firearm.

Just looking to get some help pushing me off my arse and see what your thoughts are.

Well poop, one of the options is to buy an AK46 lol.

Buy a NW Firearms lower and build your own pistol in 5.56 with all NW parts!

Honestly, if I was going to buy only one AK, I would stick with 7.62x39. I know it's another caliber, but it's what the gun was originally designed for, so, you know, historical stuff and all that ;)

I voted to upgrade.
Its fun to look at options for your guns and gear.
Plus depending on what and how you upgrade , its almost like getting a new gun.
Andy
I've been eyeballing a Kidd trigger for one of my 10/22s. 1.5 pound pull and insane reset. That would be fun for squirrel/grouse.

I voted for a 9mm AR. I have a dedicated one from RRA. I bought it with the plan to SBR and suppress it. But I was having so much fun shooting as a rifle that I have not done it yet. 9mm AR's are really fun plinkers

I'm looking to upgrade the sights on both my G19 and G43 to night sights. Truglo TFX Pro for both. I like the Tritium and fiber optic combination. I already picked up some Locktite, and plan to use a wooden dowel as a punch. I need to pickup a 3/16" nut driver that is thin enough to take the front sight out.

I voted for a 9mm AR. I have a dedicated one from RRA. I bought it with the plan to SBR and suppress it. But I was having so much fun shooting as a rifle that I have not done it yet. 9mm AR's are really fun plinkers
I have thought about this one a lot. Mostly as the trigger on the S2K I have sucks. I have a lot of Glock. So these Glock ARs all over are not helping.

I voted AK in 7.62 as you already have AR's and I loved my SkS when I had one. And they shoot cheap steel cased ammo.

I'm still working on a good AR so I'm a long ways away from jumping into AK's.

I actually gave my Glock 24 [.40 long slide] to my son-in-law a few years ago, just to cut back on the number of calibers I had to buy. That, and my daughter said 'come on dad, he's eyeing guns and you have plenty.' [And they did need to live within their means.]

I voted to upgrade, because anything that improves accuracy and functionality appeals to me.

An AK is a great choice, but I couldn't help but notice that you haven't mentioned the CZ Scorpion Evo 3 S1. It's 9mm! I'm pretty sure if you had one you'd mention it. :) Be sure to put a wrist brace on it:
tumblr_nkpwxlYRfU1s3o90uo1_500.jpg

If that's doesn't trip your trigger, I suggest upgrades. Here are some optics that you really have to try. If you don't own each of the following, pick the one that catches your eye (see what I did there?) and go with it: Eotech, Aimpoint, ACOG, VCOG. You will not be sorry. :)

An AK is a great choice, but I couldn't help but notice that you haven't mentioned the CZ Scorpion Evo 3 S1. It's 9mm! I'm pretty sure if you had one you'd mention it. :) Be sure to put a wrist brace on it:
View attachment 308665

If that's doesn't trip your trigger, I suggest upgrades. Here are some optics that you really have to try. If you don't own each of the following, pick the one that catches your eye (see what I did there?) and go with it: Eotech, Aimpoint, ACOG, VCOG. You will not be sorry. :)
I've held the carbine and it is quite nice. I've owned a CX4 storm. I won't go towards another 9mm carbine unless it utilizes the Glock mags. Just doesn't seem to make sense to me to buy into another platform and have to buy a bunch of stuff for it.

I say this and I'm considering an AK. Durp... Mostly want the AK just to have. Kind of like the idea of owning one. May not get shot a lot. Just owning it would feel nice type of thing. When I owned a VEPR in 54r or the Saiga in 12g it didn't feel like I've owned an AK.

I did have a SKS way back when, not a bad mention @Joe13 They are simple and robust. Internal mag so I wouldn't have to buy mags. If only they weren't 100 away from an AK47 in price. At 350-400 an AK is too logical to turn down for an extra hundred.

If I found a nice SKS in the 250-300 I'd jump on it. Bring back memories. That and I'd shoot it less being one 10 round internal mag at a time.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top