JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
if you have 500 to spend I would look for a used bushnell elite 3-12x44 ffp mil/mil scope that is probably the best scope for the money. another scope I would look at is the Weaver grand slam tactical. another great scope with very high quality glass. the weaver runs about 500 new but is on sale a lot of the time at Shop Shooting Supplies | Reloading | Gunsmithing | Hunting gear — MidwayUSA

the bushnell would be a little over your budget in the 550 range used.

vortex is a great company with the best warranty in the industry, I would personally save up a little more and check out the PST scopes.

So after days of research! and a complaining girlfriend I have narrowed it down to two!

Leupold VX3 4x12x40 - $403.00

Vortex Viper PST 4x16x40 - $499.99

I feel like I am leaning towards the Viper considering I can manage distance compensation by hand.. and I can even get my own cap made by bullet and gun choice. Which I feel could really come in handy!!! although I can get the VX3 25% off so thats also a good deal! AHH!!! haha.

Light transmission is more affected by lens Coatings than objective size beyond a certain amount. QUALITY means all lenses are coated with the best coatings= light transmission in the highest percentile range you can find and or afford.

Thats what i meant :p. And you know i was looking at the 2.5 but someone said that it wouldnt be a good fit for the gun i am putting it on. And Leupold will make the turret to the vx3?

the 2.5-10 would be a great fit. alot of people are running similar scopes on their 308 ar's. 10x on a bolt gun will get you out to 1000 yds, don't see why it wouldn't work here.

leupold custom shop would make the turrets for you. i think they are an extra 79 or 109. you can call or send leupold an email.

I would call Curt's as they had either the 2.5-10 or the 4-16 in stock so you could look before you buy.

I think a 2.5 could be useful as much bush as it is on the westcoast. I assume ill do some deer hunting with it. Or what if my girlfriend cheats on me and i need to shoot the guys a** when hes running down the driveway at 15 yards... I mean it all makes sense :p

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews