JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
if you have 500 to spend I would look for a used bushnell elite 3-12x44 ffp mil/mil scope that is probably the best scope for the money. another scope I would look at is the Weaver grand slam tactical. another great scope with very high quality glass. the weaver runs about 500 new but is on sale a lot of the time at Shop Shooting Supplies | Reloading | Gunsmithing | Hunting gear — MidwayUSA

the bushnell would be a little over your budget in the 550 range used.

vortex is a great company with the best warranty in the industry, I would personally save up a little more and check out the PST scopes.

So after days of research! and a complaining girlfriend I have narrowed it down to two!

Leupold VX3 4x12x40 - $403.00

Vortex Viper PST 4x16x40 - $499.99

I feel like I am leaning towards the Viper considering I can manage distance compensation by hand.. and I can even get my own cap made by bullet and gun choice. Which I feel could really come in handy!!! although I can get the VX3 25% off so thats also a good deal! AHH!!! haha.

Light transmission is more affected by lens Coatings than objective size beyond a certain amount. QUALITY means all lenses are coated with the best coatings= light transmission in the highest percentile range you can find and or afford.

Thats what i meant :p. And you know i was looking at the 2.5 but someone said that it wouldnt be a good fit for the gun i am putting it on. And Leupold will make the turret to the vx3?

the 2.5-10 would be a great fit. alot of people are running similar scopes on their 308 ar's. 10x on a bolt gun will get you out to 1000 yds, don't see why it wouldn't work here.

leupold custom shop would make the turrets for you. i think they are an extra 79 or 109. you can call or send leupold an email.

I would call Curt's as they had either the 2.5-10 or the 4-16 in stock so you could look before you buy.

I think a 2.5 could be useful as much bush as it is on the westcoast. I assume ill do some deer hunting with it. Or what if my girlfriend cheats on me and i need to shoot the guys a** when hes running down the driveway at 15 yards... I mean it all makes sense :p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top