JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
my neighbor's dog.
.... lock a car without honking the f__ing horn.

I feel your pain about those little yappers.:(:(:(

If I'm close to my horn, and someone honks theirs when they lock their vehicle, I honk mine.....longer blast, a few times....they get the idea.:confused::confused::)

If everyone would do that, they'd probably stop......er, some of them would stop,,,,,,,er, it's hard to fix STUPID!:rolleyes:

Yeah, car alarms going off irk me.

Fortunately they don't seem to be near as popular as they used to be.

Or at least, maybe the alarms have gotten better.

It used to be you would hear them go off all the time if someone so much as sneezed near their car.

I think they were a fad for a while, not so much now.

I won't ever go for the alarm option on a car unless it has the ability to ping me via my cell phone and not run a loud alarm. No one pays attention to car alarms anyway, except to be irritated by them.

My car has the ability to have it added into the car's system - just plug it in - but I opted to just have the car programmed to turn on the alarm light when I lock the doors.

The alarm light is this red "clown nose" (it is what BMW owners actually call it) on the bottom of the rear view mirror which flashes somewhat randomly. Very much out in view so that a potential thief can see the alarm is armed. For that and other reasons, most BMWs have a low break-in and theft rate (it is hard and expensive to hot wire them, and more popular cars like Hondas or Toyotas are in more demand at chop shops).

Oooo, you bring up a story......The guy across the street, (I call people like him "non-working adult males), has four cars and three of them have car alarms. Two of the cars also have glass packs and V-8s. Two of them have alarms that go of randomly. This fat, worthless, dirt bag, former convict, drug dealer keeps his cherry low-rider mid '70s Chevy Caprice in a garage on the property during wet winter months, in the summer this piece parks the Caprice on the street. The alarm on that car will sometimes go off three times in a night. Of course in the summer we leave our bedroom window open at night. The bag of "Decayed Matter" always has to rev and rev his car before leaving, and then fire up the heavy bass before he races off down the street. He does that a lot as he's still selling dope I would imagine. At least he drives to them now, rather than them coming here like they used to.

I won't confront the S-bag, tried that once and he threatened to flock up "All this stuff" as he motioned to my boat and three vehicles. All the people living in the apartments are working people, except him. His old lady works and I think her daughter works, but we figure the daughter might be a stripper/hooker.

Yeah, I hate them car alarms.:mad:

Mikej, many civilians I know who served in the UMSC call themselves "former Marines" rather than "ex-Marines." Concept: Once a Marine, always a Marine. It's in your blood and it stays with you for life.

So when you refer to that oxygen-bandit neighbor of yours as a "former convict," I have to chuckle.

With that kind of knuckledragger you just have to hope that he'll meet a sudden drastic change in circumstances and no longer live - on your street.

-------

Oh yeah! What irks me?

Catching up with the moron who made me jam on my brakes and swerve to avoid a collison. But they're so damn involved with the cell phone (talking or texting), they won't even look my way so I can flip them off!

I fume about that, wondering if they actually know they just did something stupid and refuse to acknowledge it, or if they're really oblivious that anything happened at all! Sadly, it's normally younger people (and usually females), who've probably never driven without a cell phone. People who behave that way are rolling hazards and should not have cars.

Last Edited:
The tailgaters in Texico & Mexifornia were the worst. I would be driving in the slow lane going at least 10 miles over the speed limit and they would tailgate you even though they could pass you. Others would tailgate for a while and than go around you and quickly get in front of you while slamming their brakes on. There was a ring of illegals (Mexican nationals) in Mexifornia that did this for insurance fraud. They ended up killing some some people in one of their insurance fraud schemes.

1. TAILGATERS...You tailgate me, I tap my brake lights.
You don't back off, I tap my brake lights.
You don't back off?
I slow down....and down....and down.
Eventually you pass me:D:D:D.....

[QUOTE="teflon97239, post:

-------Oh yeah! What irks me?

Catching up with the moron who made me jam on my brakes and swerve to avoid a collison. But they're so damn involved with the cell phone (talking or texting), they won't even look my way so I can flip them off!

I fume about that, wondering if they actually know they just did something stupid and refuse to acknowledge it, or if they're really oblivious that anything happened at all! Sadly, it's normally younger people (and usually females), who've probably never driven without a cell phone. People who behave that way are rolling hazards and should not have cars.[/QUOTE]

I have so much respect for the people that put their lives on the line in the branches of the military.
Thank you for your service.

It seems to me they are not even aware of anything behind them, or how their actions affect others. They are all about "ME", that's what they have been taught since birth.

At the risk of political incorrectness or opening a can of worms (oh heaven forbid!)... what's irked me lately is all this talk of "privilege" that I'm supposed to feel guilty about (e.g. white privilege, straight privilege, male privilege, etc). The issue with it is that the people who are pushing this stuff usually aren't so much merely trying to inform some folks that they may have some sort of societal advantage, they want the "privileged" people to feel guilty about it and accept that they owe something to those who are not similarly "privileged." I don't understand. No one else should have to feel bad for the circumstances they happen to be born into... so why should I? For example, I myself am an immigrant and didn't always have all of the same rights as American citizens (heck, even as a naturalized US citizen I still don't have 100% identical rights to natural-born citizens. It's too bad, I would have been the best president ever), but I came here legally, and had to go through the process of becoming a US citizen with the tests, massively expensive fees, meetings/appointments with the INS, etc. That is to say I had to work for something that the vast majority of the people around me were just born into... and SO WHAT? If the situation were reversed and an American citizen moved to my home country, they too wouldn't have had the same rights as citizens would have to earn something that most people around them are born into. Just how it works. At no point did I ever feel like natural born American citizens owed me anything. I am completely aware that historical injustices have taken place in this country such as slavery, or the denial of voting rights to women. However I never had anything to do with any of that, and neither has anyone else living today. So why should I feel guilty for these things? Furthermore, why would I (as someone who never had anything to do with these things) owe something to people that never actually experienced these things? Am I out line here?

Irk of the day for me is the dam dog owners that trespass on my rental property so they can dump their bag of dog poop in my dumpster.
I have caught them red handed and made them fish it back out, but for everyone that I catch and chew them out about it, along comes someone else that think they have the right to come on to my property and fling their bag of crap.
I always ask them if I can follow them home and start dumping my crap into their garbage can.
One lady said that she would call the cops if I followed her home and trespassed on her property.
It's not like my dumpster is close to the street, it's a long walk up into the parking lot.
I spent over a $1,000.00 to enclose it with a nice fence and warning sign about illegal dumping.

I feel your pain about those little yappers.:(:(:(

If I'm close to my horn, and someone honks theirs when they lock their vehicle, I honk mine.....ost, a few times....they get the idea.:confused::confused::)

If everyone would do that, they'd probably stop......er, some of them would stop,,,,,,,er, it's hard to fix STUPID!:rolleyes:

Mine has a dual locking option, the first locks the doors and flashes the parking lights twice to let the operator know the vehicle is secure. The second one honks the annoying horn for those obnoxious morons who don't have the courtousy to look back for a stelth locking mode.....:rolleyes:

Last Edited:
At the risk of political incorrectness or opening a can of worms (oh heaven forbid!)... what's irked me lately is all this talk of "privilege" that I'm supposed to feel guilty about (e.g. white privilege, straight privilege, male privilege, etc). The issue with it is that the people who are pushing this stuff usually aren't so much merely trying to inform some folks that they may have some sort of societal advantage, they want the "privileged" people to feel guilty about it and accept that they owe something to those who are not similarly "privileged." I don't understand. No one else should have to feel bad for the circumstances they happen to be born into... so why should I? For example, I myself am an immigrant and didn't always have all of the same rights as American citizens (heck, even as a naturalized US citizen I still don't have 100% identical rights to natural-born citizens. It's too bad, I would have been the best president ever), but I came here legally, and had to go through the process of becoming a US citizen with the tests, massively expensive fees, meetings/appointments with the INS, etc. That is to say I had to work for something that the vast majority of the people around me were just born into... and SO WHAT? If the situation were reversed and an American citizen moved to my home country, they too wouldn't have had the same rights as citizens would have to earn something that most people around them are born into. Just how it works. At no point did I ever feel like natural born American citizens owed me anything. I am completely aware that historical injustices have taken place in this country such as slavery, or the denial of voting rights to women. However I never had anything to do with any of that, and neither has anyone else living today. So why should I feel guilty for these things? Furthermore, why would I (as someone who never had anything to do with these things) owe something to people that never actually experienced these things? Am I out line here?

Just what a white heterosexual American (naturalized) male would say :rolleyes:

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

What irks me?
People that ask what irks me!!!!.........

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
NRA Recruiter
Defender of Freedom Award
Washington Arms Collector Member
Vancouver Rifle & Pistol Club member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

What irks me: the list never ends.
Today is a good day.
My Daughter and Son-in-Law birthed me a grandson on Sunday
I just got back from seeing him for the first time!
20150112_190954 taso reduced.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads