JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
John Wayne as Gandalf....
Coming On My Way GIF by GritTV

"Saddle up Hobbits....We are off to Mordor."
Andy

They remade Carpenter's "The Thing" and I was super excited until the reviews started coming out.

The original is a classic for sure.
I think the "remake" was either before or after the original in time. I saw it but cannot remember. I'd like to see a total remake of the original without the BS.

The Cowboys. Probably one of my favorite JW movies already- but to reintroduce it to be loved by the next generation. Especially since the US seems to be so engrossed in the Yellowstone series.
I saw this at the Broadway Theatre at Seaside Oregon with my mom. I remember seeing Wayne get shot in the back and was furious over it. Really enjoyed Lewis Skolnick and the gang getting their Revenge (of the Nerds).

Capture.JPG Capture.JPG

Last Edited:
None!

Woke Hollywood destroys every movie they remake. . .

There have been VERY FEW remakes that were as good as, or better than the original.

The new Top Gun is arguably as good as the original.

Blazing Saddles. Either re-release it in theatres to watch snowflakes heads explode, or remake it into a woke version to show how idenity politics are bubblegum and watch snowflakes heads explode anyway. 😳
A woke version would be a snooze fest.
You could only make jokes about white males.

I remember when the orig came out, some people were whining about it using the "N" word and such.

But when you actually look at it, the Black Sheriff was the smartest, most honest character in the movie, and made the bad guys (who were white) look like moron idiots. . (well, they actually were moron idiots) The lead character was black, he was the hero, and he had a white guy as his sidekick. Yet many in the woke crowd today consider the movie racist because of the (historically correct) language.

None!

There have been VERY FEW remakes that were as good as, or better than the original.

That's a good point. In many cases the new movie would just insert woke narratives into the movie along with actors that fit the "woke" scene.

Don't know if you heard, in the new Superman movie he will no longer be gay, and they are bringing back "Truth, Justice and the American Way". Same for the new comic books.

For some strange reason people weren't purchasing the new gay, tree hugging, woke Superman comic books. . . Gee. . . I can't figure out why. . . They were so inclusive.

Last Edited:
None!

Denis Villeneuve's remake of Dune stomps all over David Lynch's 80s original, although technically both are adaptations of Frank Herbert's novel.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top