JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wife picked up a record player and some old records a few months back from a thrift store.

It's kind of nice and we have actually been listening to a lot more music lately.

Anyways, what classic vinyl albums should a noob be on the look for?

Any good shops to go to?

Honestly we have been enjoying the Walmart and target sections. I randomly bought the Guardians of the Galaxy album. It's become one of my favorites. Oddly nostalgic too as I loved buying movie soundtracks back when I was a kid.

Wife got Thriller, I never really listened to Michael Jackson's music, but it was a good listen.

Looking to get the Black Album by Metallica, haven't found it yet.

Thanks!

Reno

Fleetwood Mac "Rumors" was one of the best selling albums of all time, as I recall. Good one to have if you like Fleetwood Mac. I always enjoyed Toto's "Greatest Hits."

Skip the black album and head directly to "Kill Them All"

"Jar of Flies" by Alice In Chains is good.

Anything by:

Rush
Black Sabbath
Elton John

Wife and I both enjoy:
Patsy Cline
Dolly Parton
Hank Williams Sr.

While they don't normally have collector value, I have found best of albums to be good listening.

Black Sabbath
Van Halen
Prince
Duran Duran
U2
Rush

You should be able to pick up the greatest hits albums.

As for shops... Goodwill usually has some good finds but there are others that also look through... but it's nice that inventory is always changing.

Best Buy in Tualatin used to have a good selection of albums.

Everyday Music carries a nice selection but they closed the Beaverton location and if only go into Portland during the day.

Any of the first 3 albums by any of the early 70' rock bands, Black Sabbath, areosmith, BTO, styx, Led Lep, UFO and the like.

Edited to add: Southern Rock like The Alman brothers, Lynard Skinerd, Molly Hatchet, the Outlaws
And for Comedy ; Firesign Theater.

Last Edited:
If you really feel like channeling your inner angst...

Dead Kennedys
The Dead Milkmen
The Smiths
Morrissey
Echo and the Bunnymen
Modern English
Violent Femmes

Alice in chains
Van morrison
Beattles
Alice cooper
Johnny cash
Eagles
Elton John

My dad at one time had a hell of a record collection but too many wives took a portion but I still got some really good ones and this is just a couple of random handfuls I just grabbed out of the bin And these are from the good old days not recent presses.

C1156891-6BD9-4FB4-B771-688C48AA43D2.jpeg 5EA3180F-BF62-48EE-93DB-230AC5229355.jpeg

Got one of the "Now that's what I call music" records the other day. I'm liking it. It's basically just a mixed tape on vinyl. Looking into it, they apparently switched from CD to vinyl a couple years back and have been producing good mixed tapes. I'll certainly need looking for more of them.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews