JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There are a lot of movies 'out there' that leave a lot to be desired as far as historical fact. So what movie would you like to see re-done, the right way, correctly, factually?

For me, I'd like to see Tora Tora Tora made right,(cuz that's my thing) and the old film "The 300 SPARTANS", or something factually correct on the battle of Thermopylae.

While not historical movies....
The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings....
And this time....stick with the story from the books....:mad:
Looking at you Peter Jackson AKA Sauron...:D

Historical movie...
The Revenant....and this time...lets get some actual facts in the movie...
As opposed to having folks die who didn't..Correct.locations and proper season of the year too.....
Andy

Last Edited:
I'd like to see starwars episodes 7,8 and 9 redone without being woke copies of 4, 5 and 6

I understand they're not historically accurate, however my statement remains

Last Edited:
Being a Pearl Harbor historian, I can tell you that the general 'dramatics' are close enough, but the depiction of the actual attack leaves a lot to be desired. Now granted, the 'scene' encompasses a pretty large area, but they covered it well in the modern love story "PEARL HARBOR" , so we know it's possible. "PEARL HARBOR" was a zoo of inaccuracies, and not intended to be historically "even related" to any truth.

Honestly folks, the golden age of films has past us. There are very few writers, actors, directors and producers that are not woke pos's. There are a few but they are getting blacklisted now.

Memphis Belle.

It's a great story that deserves a realistic treatment. The movie was overdone. While all of the events depicted happened, they didn't all happen to one crew on one mission. The story of the 8th Air Force in WW2 is dramatic enough that a really good movie could be made without embellishment. "12 O'clock High" still sets the standard 70 years later. It would be great to see a movie like that made with today's production capabilities, something with the same quality as "Saving Private Ryan." But do we have the actors? It was the acting that made "12 O'clock High" great.

There was a 2012 B-17 movie called "Fortress" that was a good try, except it wasn't 8th AF, the CGI was terrible, and the acting was 2nd rate, but other than that...

The TV series Turn: Washington's Spies. The Revolutionary story is amazing in its own right and didn't need the writing hack job that series gave it.

I'd like to see starwars episodes 7,8 and 9 redone without being woke copies of 4, 5 and 6

I understand they're not historically accurate, however my statement remains
Well, as long as we are remaking those, we might as well throw in 1-3.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top