JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Rocky Flying S.jpg

We are visiting family in the Carolinas and noticed that the squirrels are smaller and only grey. Unlike in the PNW where we have grey and red squirrels.

Apparently, in the South, the grey (colonials) squirrels have defeated the reds (british) squirrels.

If I remember right there are three kinds in the Willamette Valley, small brown ones (Douglas), the somewhat bigger reddish ones and the large grey ones. I think the grey ones are not native to this area and were brought here during the Depression along with the Possums. Maybe somebody can correct me on this.

I don't know what Rocky was but it appears he died on the edge the way he lived.

Had a little red squirrel follow me through the woods once while I was deer hunting.
The little bugger must have followed me, jumping from tree to tree for 100 yards before he quit. I was walking the top of a berm on the way back to my truck and there he was chirping at me again from the limb of a tree. Only this time, with me on the berm we were eye level.
He was laid out flat on top of a limb head on to me and I had a 45/70 Trapdoor with 405gr. bullets. needless to say, after I pulled the trigger, all I saw coming down out of the air was about 2" of tail. :mad:
Not enough to eat, or have mounted. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top