JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What really irks me is people who have little to no self reliance. They need to be told and or shown how to do even the most simple of tasks. Or they rely on others for things they can do themselves no problem.

This way of thinking probably has to do with the fact that i basically raised myself starting from 12 years old and later.

Second me on the Prius thing. First thought is, ugh....an effun prius, great.

Drivers of a 3rd world ethnicity whose skills are better suited to a rickshaw, donkey cart or goat herd, driving 10-under while completely oblivious to the queue of drivers raging behind them

Portland City planners who take a perfectly good 4-lane road and change it to a bottleneck 2-lane road by applying new stripes over the weekend. The 4-lanes are now 2-lanes with bike lanes on either side and a new turning lane down the center. Morning commutes are now worse. Thanks PDX!

People are what they are, most are self centered but some are really thoughtless. You can tell mostly by how they drive especially on the freeway. They ride the passing lane and block traffic for miles while refusing to move over. They might be able to move a vehicle but I am damn sure they don't know how to drive.

Another thing that irks me is the damn talkers in the movie theaters, not enough courtesy to stfu.:mad:

That "Left lane for passing only" thing doesn't apply in city/heavy traffic. I will hit the left lane and ride it in town most times. 205 in PDX and I-5 between Salem and PDX. When I'm in the left lane I'll be passing, and be a safe distance from the car in front of me. I will not drop ten mph and squeeze over so someone behind me can take my position behind the car that was in front of me. If I'm going the same speed in the left lane as the next lane over I WILL move over if there are cars behind me.

What's really starting torque me, BAD, is making me pay for things that are not my responsibility. OR, not making people pay for the things that are THEIR responsibility! There's a bunch of streets here in NE PDX that were sealed/resurfaced this summer, they've come in and repainted the bike emblems again, at the rate of two and a half per block. Are bicyclists blind/stupid? All the while city council is trying to get hundreds more dollars a year from me for street repair.

The Sellwood bridge....They take $35.00 dollars Xs three every other year from me, while the people in Clackamas and Washington counties pay zero. In 31 years I've not used that bridge enough times to count on my fingers and toes.

Our roads, our poor, poor roads.....All the people that must put studs on their tires November 1st. Look at the ruts you cause, the Banfield, 205, I-5, 26, all these roads were nice, flat and smooth not many years ago. Now all these roads are dangerous with the ruts full of water. Is there any talk of making the people responsible pay for any of this? No!

There's bunch of other stuff that doesn't come to mind now. Maybe I just get more grouchy as I get older!

Mike

I am not sure of the Oregon law, But in Washington the Left lane for passing only most certainly is in effect in city and heavy traffic.

It is clearly spelled out that you are to keep right, always.

RCW 46.61.100

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=46.61.100

Doesn't matter what the law is cause it doesn't pertain to the self centered driver:D Geez they should drive or get the heck out of the way. No wonder Portland roads are jammed tight, people are too stupid to drive:D Don't have sense enough to get out of the way.

That's hilarious! Traffic laws, GUFFAW! Yeah, I do my absolute best to keep out of peoples way. If people paid attention, and made the act of "Driving" the most important thing when they were behind the wheel traffic issues would be much less. I'm always considering how my action affect those around me....You know, like going when the light turns green? Going the speed limit on streets in the city? Using turn signals so that other drivers know what I'm planning? Watching my mirrors, blind spots, looking forward and using peripheral vision?

Traffic laws, that still cracks me up!

Honestly I don't care about the law, what I care about is order and efficiency on the roadways. The vast majority of people operate under a given set of rules, that's what allows us to drive around relatively safely and quickly. However a small group of people simply think the rules don't apply to them. Or they simply don't care enough to learn the rules. (Okay it's a large group of people).

You go drive on the autobahn the purpose of these rules becomes clear. You can safely drive around it 100 miles an hour because people obey the rules of the road.

In America everybody thinks they are a special and unique snowflake. That the rules are only for other people. What we end up with our traffic snarls and problem drivers causing grief for everybody else,

Last Edited:
As far as driving is concerned, 2 things bother me the most;

1. TAILGATERS
...You tailgate me, I tap my brake lights.
You don't back off, I tap my brake lights.
You don't back off?
I slow down....and down....and down.
Eventually you pass me:D:D:D

2. Pulling out in front of me........2 lane road. No one behind me for 100 yards or more. You pull out in front of me, causing me to slow down, and then you go 10 MPH under the speed limit!
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as driving is concerned, 2 things bother me the most;

1. TAILGATERS
...You tailgate me, I tap my brake lights.
You don't back off, I tap my brake lights.
You don't back off?
I slow down....and down....and down.
Eventually you pass me:D:D:D

2. Pulling out in front of me........2 lane road. No one behind me for 100 yards or more. You pull out in front of me, causing me to slow down, and then you go 10 MPH under the speed limit!
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

:s0140: Ever think that if you just move into the slow lane people wouldn't tailgate you?

:s0140: Ever think that if you just move into the slow lane people wouldn't tailgate you?

Ever think that there are a lot of 2 lane roads (down here anyway), with no "slow Lane";):(:confused:o_O:D:D

Ever think I usually drive the speed limit in town, and 5 mph over outside town....................:D:D:D:D:D:D, so I really am trying to help keep you from breaking the law

Come to think of it, do you ever think???????????????
:s0111:

I'm not a fan of tailgaters either, But the guys driving in the left lane and I come up behind him and they don't get over and then they start flashing their brake lights at me because I'm following too close? If they can move to the right there is no excuse for brake checking the guys behind you. You have zero right to be upset about someone behind you if you were in the left lane. ( ok maybe if you are passing someone and someone else comes up behind you going way faster and rides your bumper, but that is usually not the case)

You are NEVER suppose to be driving in the left lane unless you are going faster than traffic, if you are going faster than traffic by default you can't have someone tailgating you.

I dont follow people close, but I always try and let someone move over before I go around them on the right. After all you are suppose to move over for me (slower traffic keep right) and that is the safe, proper flow of traffic

I hate the folks who pull out in front of you too, and the ones who race up in front of you to take an exit and then slow down to 40 to take it.

"and the ones who race up in front of you to take an exit and then slow down to 40 to take it".

Ya, I just laugh & shake my head at these idiots.o_O

Usually guys in their 30's....NOT that I'm profiling:confused::Do_O

Last Edited:
Honestly I don't care about the law, what I care about is order and efficiency on the roadways. The vast majority of people operate under a given set of rules, that's what allows us to drive around relatively safely and quickly. However a small group of people simply think the rules don't apply to them. Or they simply don't care enough to learn the rules. (Okay it's a large group of people).

You go drive on the autobahn the purpose of these rules becomes clear. You can safely drive around it 100 miles an hour because people obey the rules of the road.

In America everybody thinks they are a special and unique snowflake. That the rules are only for other people. What we end up with our traffic snarls and problem drivers causing grief for everybody else,

I have come up with a ratio. I believe that every fifth driver is moron/inconsiderate/clueless/doesn't care about anyone but themselves etc. Going by that ratio, for every ten vehicles on any given road, you will have TWO of those sorts. 20 vehicles FOUR. Now you do the math, what will we have on the six-lane highways at 4:00pm? Oregon drivers, especially the valley, are pretty bad. I won't even go into the Wa drivers in Oregon other than to say I think they'r angry they have to pay income tax in Oregon so they figure not signaling and driving like humps pay us back.

I spent my first 27 years in the Salt Lake valley, Utah, moved here in 1983. Back then Utah drivers were known to be terrible. It's changed drastically there. Now days people drive more like they should, 65mph through downtown SLC in heavy traffic with FIVE lanes going one way! It's a pleasure, for me anyway, to drive there when we visit family.

Mike

Ever think that there are a lot of 2 lane roads (down here anyway), with no "slow Lane";):(:confused:o_O:D:D

Ever think I usually drive the speed limit in town, and 5 mph over outside town....................:D:D:D:D:D:D, so I really am trying to help keep you from breaking the law

Come to think of it, do you ever think???????????????
:s0111:

I think we'll enough that I wouldn't slow down all of traffic because I am being tail gated. Guy wants to ride my tail the he will just have to look at the rear of my truck real close till he can get around. I wouldn't tap the brakes or slow way down, I do the speed limit or a bit better.:D

"....I believe that every fifth driver is...."

So you're talkin' 20% of drivers........

My research results show it is more like 23.69%.

But what's a percentage or 3 ????:D:D:D

".....Wa drivers in Oregon....."

You may be onto something here. :eek:

87.53%
of drivers flying down I5 thru Medford at 75mph+ are WA drivers:confused:

I can't stand the rubber-neckin' Lookie-Lou's that feel the need to slow WAY DOWN and gawk every time someone has pulled over for a fender bender, or gets pulled over by a cop.

Then there's those who see a cop running a speed trap and suddenly slow down 5-10mph BELOW the speed limit.... morons, all of them!

How about when someone else is pulled over and everyone else slows down to 50 on the freeway? My buddy the cop calls it the halo effect, as in everyone all of a sudden is a angel.

Personally I pass cops, if they are going the same direction as me. I mean I dont go out of my way or speed up but often you will see this cluster behind a cop car of everyone who is afraid to pass. I am the guy who goes by. My logic is if I was a cop and some guy obviously saw me and passed me (reasonably and safely) I would assume that that guy had absolutely nothing illegal or wrong.

I have pushed it a time or two. One time I was driving down I5 going about 70 (in a 60) and I passed a cop who was doing roughly the speed limit. After I got by and a ways ahead he sped up, changed lanes and ducked in right behind me, so close that it was unsafe (more than tailgating) I figured he was testing my nerve. I never slowed down, kept it right at 70. He followed me like that for about 6 miles and finally just backed off and let me be.

pg17Sez.gif

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads