JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just out of curiosity I sat down and figured out how many of my handguns come from American based/owned companies and how may are from foreign makers. I was wondering if anyone else knows the numbers from their own collection. Do not take into account where parts are made or guns assembled, just take into account who owns the company. For example...Colt, S&W, Springfield Armory, and others are American owned and Beretta, Glock, and others are foreign owned. Despite where they assemble their gun, import their guns from, or who holds their stock. This is what I came up with...

Revolvers
Total: 25
American manufacturers: 22 (92%)
Foreign manufacturers: 2 (8%)

Semi-autos
Total: 23
American manufacturers: 13 (57%)
Foreign manufacturers: 10 (43%)

All Handguns
Total: 48
American manufacturers: 36 (75%)
Foreign manufacturers: 12 (25%)

Smiths hold the number one spot in my revolver collection...followed closely by Colt and Ruger. I also have a couple Italian made Ubertis.

As far as semi-autos go, Colt fills the most spots followed by Glock. In third is Kahe, Walther, and Sig with a couple Springfield Armory and a couple H&K's and Berettas thrown into the mix.

I have owned alot of guns that wernt made in the US, or from companies that wernt based in the US, but currently I only have one gun in my collection that wasnt made here or from a US based company(Beretta model 96). The rest are 100% pure American!

Ah, but S&W was foreign-owned from '87 to 2001. By your methodology you would have to back out those years from the "US" unless you have none in that range. My current "newest" S&W in 1985 (2 from that year), so I am safe from that loophole.

My only foreign handgun is a Norinco 1911a1, which I have a hard time parting with for sentimental reasons. So that means 86/97% US owned.

2 Browning Buckmarks. Technically made in the US, but the company is owned by FN Herstal in Belgium.
CZ Kadet. Czech.
HK 45. German.
XD45. American Company, made in Croatia.
STI 1911. American.
FN Five Seven. Belgian

So 1 of 8 = 12.5%

I guess 0%. I have one Taurus. I am niether proud nor ashamed.

The condition was "American owned" I Believe that Taurus is based in Florida so even though my PT1911 was made in Brazil it would count as American under the stated rules/guidelines.

Obviously someone should correct me if I am mistaken about Taurus in Florida, but since I Joined the thread, I'll go ahead and count my S&W .44 Magnum and my Taurus as a 100% American collection (until/unless corrected).

The condition was "American owned" I Believe that Taurus is based in Florida so even though my PT1911 was made in Brazil it would count as American under the stated rules/guidelines.
I do believe Taurus simply has a headquarters in Florida. It is still a Brazilian owned and operated company.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top