Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

What next?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by 22many, Jul 28, 2009.

1. 22many

22many PNW Well-Known Member

So Im trying to decide what gun to buy next. I have a AR in a 7.62 caliber, a AK, couple gsg-5's, couple 10/22's, and a couple of 45's. I dont have a shotgun so I was kinda thinking about the saiga 12. Or maybe a sig 45. Ive always loved the sigs. Im lookin for something with some knock down power which has me thinking about the saiga 12. Any ideas?

2. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

You could look at the .458 SOCOM or .450 Bushmaster calibers if you want serious knockdown power in a semi automatic rifle.

3. NK777

NK777 West of Portland Member

If you don't have a shotgun then I'd get one. I personally think a Saiga 12 would be a real blast and I might just pick one up one of these days.

4. fromotoc

fromotoc Downtown Portland, OR Member

Get the saiga.

5. wakejoe

wakejoe Beaverton, OR Well-Known Member

Got a Saiga 12 for sale. :) Fired a mag of bird shot to function test, and it's been in the closet since.

6. timbernet

timbernet Boring, Oregon Member

Knock down power... hmmm, I think you need a good varmint rifle, like the Barrett 50bmg ;);)

Nah, I think the Saiga 12 is a good idea (cheaper than the Barrett too)... I've been tempted a few times to pick one up. But I already have two shotguns... three or four might be a bit crazy!

7. Bark

Bark Oregon Member

Saiga 12 and a case of shells, darn things seam to disappear rather quickly when your using 10 round mags :)

8. 22many

22many PNW Well-Known Member

Ok, so it looks like the saiga 12 is the next purchase after listening to you guys. Seems alot of people like them and a converted saiga 12 would be pretty badass. Ive seen them go for around $575.00-$650.00. I hear the shells distort by the pressure if left in the mag for too long. Is this true? If so, I would have to pick up the 20 round drum also.