JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No change to EDC: S&W Shield in right front pocket, two spare mags in left rear pocket, Griptilion and wallet in right rear pocket, cell phone in left front pocket. Out in the woods: CZ-75 P-01 with two spare 19-round magazines, plus whatever rifle I brought with me.

Only reason to go to Portland is buying lumber at Crosscut Hardwoods, and then only in the middle of the day during the workweek.

Not certain I understand the question. Are we talking inside the house or out in public? Not that the answer would change. Just asking for a fiend. :s0072:

No change here for me...

BUCK 113 Ranger Skinner fixed blade knife that looks like this below only my knife has a walnut handle and is several years old.

I have other knives that I conceal or open carry depending on where I am going.

My MT husband has not changed his conceal or open carry firearms. He still carries a 45acp Glock most of the time unless he is at the gym. He packs a pocket pistol in 22lr there. He will pack a 45acp until he can no longer do this or shoot it well.

Old Lady Cate

Nope, nothing has changed on carry piece.

As short SxS doubles were referenced above, I'll still sling this when in the forest. It is a double barreled shotgun, so might meet approval. Though it required paying a tax to get permission, of course. :s0165:

521083-6e4f9e19fd4145f61bb89905b4beb31b-jpg-jpg-jpg.661395

Depends on surroundings.
Shield 9, 637-2 or kimber micro .380 when concealment is important.
sp101, Rock Island FS Tac 45 1911 or Glock 19 otherwise. Sometimes SIG P226 in .40. It changes often.
Also always at least one extra mag on body, but I usually keep five or six in my bag along with first aid supplies, snacks and water. Also always have a few Vinacafé Vietnamese instant coffee packs in there. I like to mitigate any need I can.

Thanks to your post I got the GF to get me some Vinacafe. She usually buys the G7 3 in 1 instant coffeemix. I did a side by side taste test and decided that Vinacafe is more to my liking.

Aloha, Mark

Nothing has happened to change my EDC piece. For ~ a year we have been virtually recluses with expeditions into the hinterlands only for necessities.
Home: 5-shot .38 with more ES&D ready to go close. Chronic back pain makes it impractical to carry something heavier.
Out & about: Steyr Gen. 1 S9.

When the riots started I changed from my G26 to my G19, just wanted the extra capacity.

Normally it's G26 in the spring/summer and G19 in the fall/winter.

Same edc for me, a S&W M&P 2.0 3.6" compact 9mm. If I go to town I carry a spare mag and throw two more in the truck.
Grants Pass is still pretty mellow with just a slight increase in the azzhat count, so I haven't been taking a long gun.

the riots don't bother me. I carry a PPS like usual.

If someone was really concerned about riots and/or mobs in pdx or seattle, a good smartphone with GPS and some social media apps would do wonders for finding protests ahead of time, as well as alternate routes around them. Everyone always says 'god forbid I have to use it' and if you actually mean it, than adding other tools to your EDC collection might be worth it in order to lower the chance of needing to use your CCW.

I know many folks around here make a point of not using smartphones, not turning on their GPS, or not using social media, and while I don't blame them, the information you can gain could keep you out of a bad situation with relative ease.

I've been carrying two Makarovs (just to feel extra Soviet) or a .38 and a Makarov. I suggest old and accurate if you want to avoid the tacticool vibe. Walther PP, Berettas, Sig 230s, Sig 232, anything made in Europe during the coldwar. (I'd be greatly amused by anyone daily carrying a Tokarev however) Extra PC points for wood grips. Oh, also the ever present NAA mini revolver is always with me. 9x18 Makarov is a nasty little round if you don't mind the blowback recoil. When I've been exploring out in remote parts of Arizona and New Mexico the last couple years I added a .30-30 scoped contender in a chest rig. I really don't like leaving longguns in the truck/suv/whatever if I'm exploring up on a mountain or inside a mine. Then again I just have a fetish for odd/old guns.

Oh, other EDC items I recommend is food/water, usb battery, gopro (better to document an incident) and a Garmin satellite transceiver. Have them or your family call in the Calvary if your injured, broke down or worse.

No change here. No reason to.

Glock 48 with 15+1 (Shield Arms mag).

When I'm feeling fancy I carry my Zev OZ9 with a +2 extension. Something about having 20 on deck makes me all tingly.

Right now Kimber K6s DAO with 3" barrel. But I'm having a "Chopper S&W" being done by Tiger McKee at Shootrite Academ. Should be done by Christmas. Life is Good.
look up on Facebook Shootrite Academy

My compact Kahr 45acp, I never leave home without it. With colder weather I will likely start shoulder holstering my Jericho 941, also in 10+1 of 45acp. Still will carry the Kahr IWB Versacarry though.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top