JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Personally I'm not a Glock guy (not fond of the grip angle), but that said, I'd recommend one of the Glocks as the weight factor really makes a difference after a while. If you're going with a .45, they're all bigger framed guns, but weight definately comes into play.

I'm a Glock guy. However, in .45 they're just too fat to comfortably conceal so I'd go P220 all day long and twice on Sunday

While not the Kimber on your list....
I carry a Colt Series '70 Government .
I shoot it well..and I have had it for a very long time.

However...
It really don't matter what I carry and like.
Of those on your list...which one do you like...and why..?
Have you shot any of those...?
Which ones on the list feel best to you....?
The above is far more important , since you will have to be the one to carry it.

In any event...
I would also suggest looking for a good belt and holster for whatever you choose.
Keeping in mind that ....not every belt and holster is good fit for every handgun.
Andy

Last Edited:
Like @Hooyah DeepSea I'm not fond of the Glock grip angle but I've shot their 10mm and it was amazingly soft shooting for that caliber, I can only imagine the 45 would be a similar experience. No experience with the Sigs in 45 but I do shoot/carry a full-size Kimber 1911 and it is one of my favorites. Much will be personal regarding the ergonomics and if you want a SF or SA with a safety.

If you're looking to carry a 45 the Glock 30s is an excellent option. It's roughly about the size of a Glock 19 and is one of the most accurate shooters I've ever owned.
The 30s is very packable! More rounds can be had with a full size mag and x-grip sleeve. The P220 is also a good choice: double action on the 1st shot and then single action for follow up.

Next purchase and need some opinions on a 45acp
Glock 21
Glock 30
Sig p320 45
Sig p226 45
Or a kimber 1911
Well if it was me? 1911. I have LONG been a huge fanboy of them though. There are FAR better designs now days. As what you want? You really need to find a range with rentals. If you buy what someone else likes and find you do not like it? You can no longer just sell it for most of what you paid. Now you are either stuck with it or have to take a big hit on price to sell it as it has to be sold with a Dealer. So if FAR better to find a place with rentals. Try them and see what you like. All the pistols listed are great but its your money. Sucks now days to pay for a gun and then find out you don't really like it.

Glock 21 all the way, I like to dress mine up and take it to town.
xJQV9TR.jpg

Sig P220. You lose capacity over some of the other options but it's still one of my carry guns. I've had a 1911 but the Sig was just a better EDC. I use an owb holster for it. Made a big difference.

I have a 30 slide that I put on my 29 frame. I had a DW ECO in 45.

Of the two, I would pick the DW ECO to carry. I carry my G29 more than any other handgun. But still would go ECO.

So pick up a commander 1911.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads