JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Look for a used Sig 245. It's a "Fun Size" 220.

N1nrkrX.jpg

Next purchase and need some opinions on a 45acp
Glock 21
Glock 30
Sig p320 45
Sig p226 45
Or a kimber 1911
Depends on what you're getting it for.

All Glocks, I only like the Gen 5 grips. Any Gen 5 Glock shoots and feels good to me. I'm just not a big fan, I prefer Smith & Wesson for my plastic guns. I didn't like the grips on the P226. Never touched a P320 or any P32X Sig. I've heard spotty reliability about Kimber. Here are 1911 manufacturers I would recommend instead: Smith&Wesson, Dan Wesson, Sig, Springfield, Colt, or even some of the higher end RIAs are nice. Mostly depends on your budget. If you can afford $2k++: Stacato, Wilson Combat, Ed Brown, etc.

My experience with 45acp in terms of owning: CZ97b which I absolutely 100% regret selling, a Para Ordinance 1911 which was magazine finicky but still a nice pistol but got rid of wanting a nicer 1911, and an FNX 45 Tactical that I still have an absolutely love and will part with when dead.

I'm not typically a tacticool guy, I carried a snubby 44spl for a long time, then a SW Shield, now a P365 because it's so easy to conceal- but I put a DDP, TLR-1, and +3 mag extensions on the FNX45 and bought a suppressor for it, that is for sure my favorite range pistol, it's just so much fun to shoot, makes me smile every time, and it makes a good bed side pistol. I like it just a little more than my customized CZ S2O and my M69, and I absolutely love those (the S&W M69 is very underrated on the internet, IMO. I like sharing guns at the range- Every time someone knew shoots it, with 44spl loads, they want one. 44mags in that gun are a handful, doable, but it takes practice and strength).

So if you're looking for a range toy in 45acp or a home defense gun, I recommend the FNX45 Tactical if you can afford it. Not a good CCW though, it's a huge gun. They cost a little over $1k. Add an optic, light, extra mags, a few other accessories, and even without a suppressor you could spend between $1500-$2000. But even unaccessorized it's a really fun pistol. DA/SA, 15rd mags, decent sights, it's got a safety/decocker all in one, it's accurate, and they are known for reliability. Mines run 100% flawless suppressed and unsuppressed with all kinds of ammo, FMJ, JHP, and HCFP.

Sig 220 all day long just pick a flavor the P245 is nice but not enough real estate for someone with large hands, you could opt for a P220 carry if you use factory magazines you won't have any issues and you can carry the standard 8 or or the 10 round extended .

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top