JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Me, i think Glocks are some ugly generic firearms.

My 9mm P226 "Navy" edition...
sigsauerwithrosewoodhandles001.jpg

Sigs are way more handsome and do just as well. Screw those plastic guns IMO.

Last Edited:
In 45ACP also look at the HK45C.

They are not nearly as expensive as other HK pistols. HK45c were carried on the Bin Laden Raid (along w/ P226). The DA trigger is 100% useable and SA much better than a striker fired pistol. The ergonomics are excellent and it can easily be operated with one hand.

If you were open to 9mm I would suggest Walther PDP.. the best most overlooked you can buy IMO.

Last Edited:
Next purchase and need some opinions on a 45acp
Glock 21
Glock 30
Sig p320 45
Sig p226 45
Or a kimber 1911
What's the purpose of this next pistol going to be for you? That would help determine which would be the best choice.

Since you've got 5 different pistols listed of varying sizes / styles, it doesn't look like you have the purpose figured out yet, apart from owning a .45, and if that's the case, any of them would do.

Do you mean Sig P220?
The SIG 227 is almost the 226 frame with a 220 slide/barrel in .45 ACP. The grip/mag is the main difference.

Unfortunately, the 14rd mags for the 227 are very expensive because SIG discontinued the 227.

Personally, I prefer the 226 in .40 to the 227 in .45 ACP. The .40 S&W is about the same ballistically as the .45 ACP, with 180-200gr bullets - if you choose the right ammo. At or above 200 gr, the .45 ACP starts to do better than the .40 S&W, and there is always the .45 Super (but if you want to shoot Super, it is better to either go with the G21 or the SIG 220 than the 227 - if SIG had made a 227 with a steel frame, then we could shoot .45 Super regularly, we could maybe even have a 227 in 10mm).

The .40 S&W in the SIG 226 allows for 15 rds, and you can swap the slide/barrel/mags to 9mm.

The SIG 227 is almost the 226 frame with a 220 slide/barrel in .45 ACP. The grip/mag is the main difference.

Unfortunately, the 14rd mags for the 227 are very expensive because SIG discontinued the 227.

Personally, I prefer the 226 in .40 to the 227 in .45 ACP. The .40 S&W is about the same ballistically as the .45 ACP, with 180-200gr bullets - if you choose the right ammo. At or above 200 gr, the .45 ACP starts to do better than the .40 S&W, and there is always the .45 Super (but if you want to shoot Super, it is better to either go with the G21 or the SIG 220 than the 227 - if SIG had made a 227 with a steel frame, then we could shoot .45 Super regularly, we could maybe even have a 227 in 10mm).

The .40 S&W in the SIG 226 allows for 15 rds, and you can swap the slide/barrel/mags to 9mm.
But, but, but.... Haven't you heard? The .40 is soooo yesterday! It's like dyin', man!

If you want nearly a full size pistol, Sig 227, 10+1 rounds of .45 ACP goodness.

If compact is more your style, Glock 30 is your huckleberry, same 10+1 rounds of .45 APC goodness.

Do what works best for you, your carry needs and your lifestyle.

What ever is the most expensive will give you some bragging rights.
If you want more, what fits your hand, feels right, and you can shoot well, is all that counts.
That's unlikely to be found from another's opine.
That will have to come from you.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top