JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have only seen one, never fired it although I suspect that it would be like shooting my "snake gun" that I have in my side Xside.

A friend bought one at a garage sale of all places.
He didn't know they were illegal and once he did some research on it, he sent it down the road as quick as he could.
It was cool as all get out, but it had that feeling like it could blow up in your hand.

My great grandfather was an L.A. County sheriff's deputy and back in the 20's through the 50's when he served they confiscated contraband stuff and it seldom made it back to the office. He had an entire wall decorated with switchblade knives and some pretty interesting guns. One time when I was 8 or 9 years years old in the mid 70's we went back to California to visit and we wet up into the hills around Los Angeles to go shooting. My great grandfather was a WW1 veteran of the British expeditionary force and was a former Black and Tan of the Royal Constabulary during the Irish Revolution and had killed many men. Interesting guy who wasnt shy about talking about killing Germans or Irish. Anyway he brought an old Mauser broomhandle with him and we shot the hundred or so rounds he had . Not just any broomhandle. It had a magazine and a go fast switch. It was a genuine schnellfeuer Mauser 712. Only one Ive ever seen. No paperwork whatsoever. When he died his cop buddies came in and cleared the place out for the most part. All the wall guns got hauled off to someone else's wall no doubt but I did manage to get a few including his 1934 woodsman he bought new.

Last Edited:
My great grandfather was an L.A. County sheriff's deputy and back in the 20's through the 50's when he served they confiscated contraband stuff and it seldom make it back to the office. He had an entire wall decorated with switchblade knives and some pretty interesting guns. One time when I was 8 or 9 years years old int he mid 70's we went back to California to visit and we wet up into the hills around Los Angeles to go shooting. My great grandfather was a WW1 veteran of the British expeditionary force and was a former Black and Tan of the Royal Constabulary during the Irish Revolution and had killed many men. Interesting guy who wasnt shy about talking about killing Germans or Irish. Anyway he brought an old Mauser broomhandle with him and we shot the hundred or so rounds he had . Not just any broomhandle. It had a magazine and a go fast switch. It was a genuine schnellfeuer Mauser 712. Only one Ie ever seen. No paperwork whatsoever. When he died his cop buddies came in and cleared the place out for the most part. All the wall guns got hauled off to someone elses wall no doubt but I did manage to get a few including his 1934 woodsman he boght new.
What a terrace story about your Gramps! Again, I have only seen, not fired a Schnellfeuer Mauser 712. My gamma was born in 1882 and used to tell me stories about the old west. He claimed that most men were bushwhacked with a 12 ga and not a 1873 Peacemaker.

Most unusual, not in a mil. sense, but...............Bofors MK-41 40 mm auto mount, learned to change out barrels and keep it running, basic maintenance and all that. M-39 20 mm, a precursor to the bushmaster "Chain-Gun" that came much later, had to also learn to break it down, service and reassemble into working order, almost as fast as a M-61 on it's lowest setting, and it was a real hoot to run a couple hundred through it in just about 4 seconds!Duel M-61 20 mm mount, a real fire breathing dragon, up to 7 thousand rounds per min per gun, each magazine drum could hold up to 1200 rounds, do the math. LOL GAU-8 MK-5 30 mm don't wanna be anywhere near that bad boy when it's being fired, but WOW! All these were anti aircraft batteries that we had deployed all over the place, the Bofors was by far the most fun to shoot, sitting there on the mount next to the gun and rocking with the recoil as your tracking targets and layin 2 rounds per second into them, man, that gun you Feel!

Most unusual, not in a mil. sense, but...............Bofors MK-41 40 mm auto mount, learned to change out barrels and keep it running, basic maintenance and all that. M-39 20 mm, a precursor to the bushmaster "Chain-Gun" that came much later, had to also learn to break it down, service and reassemble into working order, almost as fast as a M-61 on it's lowest setting, and it was a real hoot to run a couple hundred through it in just about 4 seconds!Duel M-61 20 mm mount, a real fire breathing dragon, up to 7 thousand rounds per min per gun, each magazine drum could hold up to 1200 rounds, do the math. LOL GAU-8 MK-5 30 mm don't wanna be anywhere near that bad boy when it's being fired, but WOW! All these were anti aircraft batteries that we had deployed all over the place, the Bofors was by far the most fun to shoot, sitting there on the mount next to the gun and rocking with the recoil as your tracking targets and layin 2 rounds per second into them, man, that gun you Feel!
I remember the first iteration of that setup with "Puff"the Magic Dragon C-47 gunship. It had enough firepower to put one round in every square foot over a football sized area. The VC hated it.

I remember the first iteration of that setup with "Puff"the Magic Dragon C-47 gunship. It had enough firepower to put one round in every square foot over a football sized area. The VC hated it.
You should have seen those highly mobile gun systems we were deploying, not to mention some of the Rotor Wing gun systems we had flying, made the idea of a dedicated gunship kinda moot! Still, our systems were range limited to how much fuel we could carry on board, about 230 miles!

I touched off the Wife the other night.
Thought she was gonna bring the house down around my ears.

Other Than that?
An 8"" Howitzer shooting a 250 pound projectile is probibly the second most destructive thing I've ignited. :s0108:

I hear that if you don't put the supplemental charge in a 155 and send it downrange without it no one is the wiser. Oh the days before the dept of homeland security where you could go out in the woods and blow stuff up unimpeded.

My beloved M60....even though I loved firing the ma deuce , there was something about the PIG that was just epic

RW81.jpg

For me it was a full auto and suppressed mp5. I was so excited to shoot that thing, but when I pulled the trigger it was so quiet and smooth it was like nothing was happening (except for the dust being kicked up downrange). I was shocked.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top