JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
#1 most unusual was probably the Anti-Personnel Obstacle Breaching System (APOBS). It was two backpacks with hard shells carried by a two man team. They contain a small rocket and a long fabric rope filled with 40mm grenades. The backpacks are placed on the ground, the two ropes are connected together and to the rocket. When it's triggered, you have about 30 seconds to clear the area. The rocket takes off and carries the rope over obstacles like c-wire or mine fields, and the whole thing detonates, clearing a safe path. It's a replacement for the bangalore torpedoes.

#2 would be probably be the MK153 SMAW. It's a unique rocket launcher because it has a "spotting rifle" bolted to the side of it. The rifle fires one of the weirdest cartridges you'll ever see, but they're tracers that are ballistically matched to the rocket trajectory. Fire your spotting rounds to get on target, pull a lever while you hold your point of aim, and the next trigger pull fires the rocket instead of the spotting rifle.

View attachment 744894
A larger track mounted version of this used to be in the inventory, but I don't know if it still is. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Maybe thinking of the ABV
681306ED-58A9-4C73-AFC2-E60392B692D9.jpeg
Edit to add: I apologize for thread drifting.

Last Edited:
Probably the 1844 Asa Waters pistol. But I also have a proper sten, and a 45 acp cx4. That last one is a rare bird.( Beretta made 500 from what I was told) The suppressed colt 1903 is pretty weird.

I am pretty sure the mad max 12 gauge pistol I have made is up there too. (Properly papered as everything I mentioned has been.)

The gun I am trying to Order from BHA will be pretty oddball. 500 S&W magnum lever gun suppressed.

"I" didn't shoot this gun, but I watched the neighbor (who built the gun) and my father, shoot it in our back yard. I was 14 in 1979. Paul lived up the road a ways and brought this gun he and a friend of his built down and put a couple 100 .22 short rounds into a stump we had in the back yard.

Sharps rifle in .45-70. Handed down to my friend whose grandfather won it in a poker game. What a very fine rifle to shoot!.
Ithaca side-by-side in 10 gauge which I shot when I was 15. That was was 41 years ago and I can still feel the kick. I won't mention how I sat down from the recoil...
Not unusual of a gun, but an honor to shoot - My grandfather's .44 Black Hawk. That gun went everywhere with him. If not on his hip, it was in the custom holster fastened to the door of his International, or nearby anywhere outside the house. I was 12 when he, out of the blue, asked if I wanted to shoot it. My dad passed it along to me last year and I cherish it.

A couple of decades ago I was at a quarry with a neighbor shooting 1911s, contenders with 30-30 and .223 braked barrels and a 338/378 Weatherby. A large group arrived in van and some trucks and asked if they could shoot with us. Sure! Of Course. This was the self named Oregon Machine Gun Club and they brought out some amazing hardware. Browning A6 3006 machine gun from a WW1 airplane. Slow thumping fire that was hypnotic. Shredded old propane cylinders. A M60 shot off hand with a short 30 round belt. That feeling is indescribable. 45 cal Reising, (thompson clone) and an Uzi rounded out my experience that day.

Thanks to everyone who has served making it possible for us to enjoy our freedoms.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top