JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Well, humanity had a good run. I guess I'll go charge up the old phased plasma rifle (40 watt range, of course) in the hope I might be able to at least take a few out before the T1000 puts its finger through my head.

That's some funny sh!t calling it "sky net" By the way o_O

I would rather pass from the initial blast than from radiation poisoning but I have a feeling no one is going to give me a choice. If I knew in 10 minutes I would be hit with a nuke I would hug the wife pet my kids and try to think of my freinds and family. Being dead that does not scare me it's process of dieing that does.

Close on target small/medium Nuke ... Objective ... Survival ... Knowledgeable ... Too Long! ...

Always be running the plan through your absolutely paranoid mind. Here in Dodge City Oregon, (Cave Junction SW OR) one always is running various nasty sit reps. At lease my feeble brain does.

A 10-15 minute warning of a known time on target hit right over top of you at 6000 feet? Probably not much one could do except during that 10-15 minute window try to get at least 8-10 miles away.

Also be thinking prevailing winds in case the warhead actually pops on impact with the ground. Otherwise 10 miles away would be OK. Just do not look at ground zero if you want any skin or eyeballs left.

IF THE WARHEAD was just passing overhead headed somewhere else not much one would have to do except be absolute sure where the nuke is going to hit. One must know exactly. Guessing not OK.

Lots of U-Tube vids showing various incoming ICBM test dummy re entry warheads passing through the lower atmosphere. They take more time than one would think. Several seconds. Scary to watch.

Somebody already answered the question. If you are where you work and live you had better already know where the blast and fallout protected spaces are. If you do not know you are very dead.

Know ahead of time. Do the research. We do this in SW OR in the Illinois Valley for fast nasty wildfire evacuations. Be running several options through your brain at once. We do this during summer.

Getting back to the known nude popping one mile over head in 10-15 minutes? You need some heavy duty blast resistance. Not going to find it in the time allowed. Such places are far and few between.

Sosss .... you gotta get at least 8 miles away. If possible 10 miles. Five miles from a 200K nuke will blow out your hearing and rupture your lungs if caught out in the open. Try to get underground.

Manhole covers. They cover all sorts of neat places. One person here said he carries a manhole key. Yep. Just a 6" bolt tied to some thin steel cable with another bolt as as handle. Pop the cover.

See where it leads. If a conduit or tunnel that is perfect. Ladders even better. Sewers are best. Large diameter better. Crawl at least 50 feet into and try to get at least 6 feet underground. Smelly.

Probably will have alligators too maybe. You can wrestle them for possession. Getting down, into and deep will save you from the blast. No local fallout with air bursts. This buys you 3 days. Use them.

No more for now. :)

If it on the other hand, it was real.... and included where it was expected to hit.... from what direction... I'd probably thank my lucky stars that I live nowhere near a target

+1. We're not near anything worth hitting with an H-Bomb. I have thought about, and we've discussed many times, the possibility of making a dedicated fallout shelter, but it is hard to justify the costs considering the location. Though we have talked about making it into a "man cave" for now, but a "get in and bolt the door" thing if the unthinkable should happen.

That said, we have preparing for years for a major disaster, with an eye towards "bugging in" for an extended stay. And we do have some nuclear-specific equipment on hand (e.g., dosimeters, Geiger counter, KI tablets, etc.).

AND ... If it is very important they will drop MERV after MERV after MERV to make sure. One about every 10 minutes. And if the target warrants it they will all be surface bursts too. "Well ... THIS sucks!" Yikes!! :( :(

So been doing a lot of thinking and want everyone's opinion! If we were to get an alert here on the west coast like they did in Hawaii what would you do?

Where is the safest place in your house for a incoming ICBM?

What would you do if you were at work?

There are a lot of what if's! So lets talk it out and come up with a plan. Chances are we won't be at home so do you just plan like any other threat or do something more?

OK lets have your thoughts ladies and gentlemen!! ;)

Prepping for Earthquakes, Tsunami's, Power Grid attack/Failures, other natural disasters.....etc. is great. However, if an ICBM with a Nuke on board is inbound and you/we happen to be near a "target" or impact zone, I am with the other folks, Pour a stiff drink, hug your family members if your are so fortunate and wait for the BIG flash.

Always have a great cigar and some sippin' whisky at hand. My problem is I cannot these on hand in case of an inbound missile. They disappear pretty quickly. LOL Always another reason to buy more now :p

It's also the After effects of the Blast! Even outside the immediate blast zone, you still gotta deal with the fall out! There will be a LOT of crap floating around for weeks, and even after it settles on the ground, it will be kicked up and spread around for a very long time after!

I would call or text the wife and tell her I Love her, then proceed to bang every chick where I work that I was interested in.....just sayn.....theoretically.......

I would try and talk the wife into one last quick one. But at our age, it would take me the 5 minutes missile fly time to get her to quit laughing at me. :s0115: Not like the younger days when a 5 minute window of opportunity in the barn before her dad came back was good enough.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads