JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Utah isn't the only state with rainwater collection bans, either. Colorado and Washington also have rainwater collection restrictions that limit the free use of rainwater, but these restrictions vary among different areas of the states and legislators have passed some laws to help ease the restrictions.

Nice story, which is all that is but what actual law says it is illegal? What will you be charged with? What is the fine?

What I can find it looks pretty legal to me and the state even has links to help you out........... <broken link removed>

Thats right. And to this, I say unto the State "if you don't want me to collect it, keep it off my property".

I store rainwater in a pair of 1100gal underground concrete tanks (never-used tanks designed for septic) and pump it out as necessary to irrigate my garden, thus saving my well.

Darn good idea, I will have to remember that one, I know on the Appalachian Trail there is a leant too, where the water source is similar, concrete tank burried under ground, water off the lean too run into a drain systemt hat collects in the tank, a pipe come out the bottom slightly down hill and has a spicket on it, I used it without treatment and did not get sick.

I was living overseas in a desert area and rain water was the ONLY safe water source every residence had as many tanks as they could afford. Plastic above ground tanks were a source of warm water for showers some homes had 100,000 gallons of storage as it would not rain for 4-5 years at a streach.

you guys have to understand what is going on in this beloved country of ours, and I know you already do understand and see the pure stupidity that is taking place LITERALLYeveryday just like I do. It is the bleeding heart buffoons wanting to save everything (or destroy) from the spotted owl to the Modoc sucker fish, now add freaking rain to the list as well, we certainly wouldn't want our citizens taking initiative to help themselves, and while we are at it how about adding common sense to the endangered species list for about half the country, oh and can't forget our freedoms, they are getting to be less and less everyday.

We won't let them out dumb us sir, we will lead the world... in stupidity.

Now where is a smiley with rolling eyeballs that I can insert?

you guys have to understand what is going on in this beloved country of ours, and I know you already do understand and see the pure stupidity that is taking place LITERALLYeveryday just like I do. It is the bleeding heart buffoons wanting to save everything (or destroy) from the spotted owl to the Modoc sucker fish, now add freaking rain to the list as well, we certainly wouldn't want our citizens taking initiative to help themselves, and while we are at it how about adding common sense to the endangered species list for about half the country, oh and can't forget our freedoms, they are getting to be less and less everyday.

We won't let them out dumb us sir, we will lead the world... in stupidity.

Now where is a smiley with rolling eyeballs that I can insert?

Just stop giving a fat rat bubblegum. Works pretty good.

I once read The Gulag Archipeligo, it was a collection of stories about how the prisioners were charged, arrested, sentenced to the Soviet Gulags. The "crimes" were ludicrous. Insulting a Party Member, self defense against a Party Member, thinking Counter Revolutionary thoughts would earn you a life sentance of hard labor in a mine in Siberia.
These Laws are nothing but a way to oppress formaly free citizens, and BTW Obamma does control the air you breathe through the Carbon Tax, a non-law enforced by the EPA.

The thing that makes nervous is that congress is taking a week off around the time of the "test", and won't be back in session until Nov. 14 or 15... Bugging out to their bunkers because they know something is going to happen?

I would not worry about any bold moves like that. The people who pull the strings like to work behind the scenes and in the shadows. They do not want to cause any big upheavals as those would lead to their doom. When you get the upheavals it is because they have miscalculated, not planned them.
Those "People" who controll things live by a "moral code" (term used loosely), they will always tell you what they are about to do before they do it. You just have to know the language they speak. Lately I have been seeing a few billboards up by beready.org that say something to the effect of "are you prepared?", "got a go bag packed?". I try to be ready all the time, but when I see these "signs", I step my alert status up.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top