JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Guess I am showing my age. I love old sporting.rifles and the new scopes look weird on older rifles
Yes, they do. I've got this nice Winchester 70 and while the scope I put on it is a "better" scope, I've been considering putting something different on it that will look much more period correct.
See? Nice gun. Wrong scope...

Model 70 keeper.jpg

Yes, they do. I've got this nice Winchester 70 and while the scope I put on it is a "better" scope, I've been considering putting something different on it that will look much more period correct.

View attachment 1056686
I have been buying the leupold freedom vx and and spending between 3-5 hundred a piece. I believe they are well built and are better than the vx2's but looks wise they take a back seat in appearance to the older scopes. I have had only one leupold that had a problem and leupold sent me a new one
Leupold if your listening bring back a classic line of scopes please.

View attachment 1056686
A M70 is on my list of rifles I MUST own before my time on this planet ends.

The hardest part is picking the chambering. A .270 Win seems the obvious choice, but I do like the 6.8 Western.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top