JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A steiner P4xi does not look like a classic rifle scope either in my eyes and at a MSRP of 929$ is more than most want to spend including myself.

I have my old Nikon 3x32 on one rifle. Less magnification than 4x but much wider field of view than any of my 1-4 or 1-6 LPVO. It's a trade off.

It's been pretty rugged and the glass is good. Not too heavy. They don't make them anymore but there's tons of them around.

A steiner P4xi does not look like a classic rifle scope either in my eyes and at a MSRP of 929$ is more than most want to spend including myself.
They can be had for around $600-750 new. Never use MSRP to shop for optics. However, I subscribe to the "buy once cry once" philosophy. For around $600 or less I'd recommend a Vortex Viper PSTII, or the Burris RT6 as the best bang for your buck optic.

Look for an old Zeiss 4x on ebay too. They're usually pretty reasonable.

The Vortex and Primary Arms prism optics are terrific and most certainly not "garbage" despite being made in China (just like the phone I'm typing on now). The reticles are easy to use and intuitive. Prism optics are robust and allow those with astigmatism to have clear reticles. They're also etched so even if a battery dies you're still good to go. I also have an ACOG 3.5x, an Elcan 4x fixed, an Elcan 1x/4x, etc. Those options aren't significantly nicer optically, just more durable.
I'm not putting a prism optic or LPVO on a levergun for several reasons;

1. The mounts are typically for AR rifles, which puts the reticle about 1.5" above the bore, which means getting a cheekweld on a stock meant for iron sights impossible.

2. The FOV and light gathering at dusk/dawn suck, unless you spend bookoo bucks on one, which I'm not going to do.

3. They look absolutely dirty, chewed and stuck to under the picnic table bubblegumming stupid on a pre-crossbolt safety Marlin lever gun.

4. As I said in a post earlier, I have a proper Leupold 4x on the way now.

I'm not putting a prism optic or LPVO on a levergun for several reasons;

1. The mounts are typically for AR rifles, which puts the reticle about 1.5" above the bore, which means getting a cheekweld on a stock meant for iron sights impossible.

2. The FOV and light gathering at dusk/dawn suck, unless you spend bookoo bucks on one, which I'm not going to do.

3. They look absolutely dirty, chewed and stuck to under the picnic table bubblegumming stupid on a pre-crossbolt safety Marlin lever gun.

4. As I said in a post earlier, I have a proper Leupold 4x on the way now.
And here I was going to recommend a night vision setup. Perhaps a DBAL duct taped to the tube

Simmons has many fixed 4 powers as well.

The mount & rings arrived today and got the scope mounted up. Works perfect!

105472-3d79e21348944ce51056094960e15a98.jpg

105473-51792ace1201f11e7ede5063431d87fc.jpg

Though I have had several weaver k4 and k2.5 I think the leupold m8 is hard to beat and look just as classic as the weavers. I wish there were more classic quality scopes
Guess I am showing my age. I love old sporting.rifles and the new scopes look weird on older rifles

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top