JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Compared to other high end optics and their price point, this new line of Mark 4HD optics from Leupold makes a high end long range optic much more affordable! Can't wait to see what the street prices come in at.

These scopes are packing a lot of features into their price point. I will be picking up one of the 4.5 - 18 and 6-24 optics to try out.

Compared to other high end optics and their price point, this new line of Mark 4HD optics from Leupold makes a high end long range optic much more affordable! Can't wait to see what the street prices come in at.

These scopes are packing a lot of features into their price point. I will be picking up one of the 4.5 - 18 and 6-24 optics to try out.
I mean, I'm selling two brand new Mark 5HDs for less than that... ;)

So what? WTF does that have to do with a MK4?

The 2.5-10x42 has some promise. Not TOO long, not TOO heavy. Still probably not enough to pry me away from the Trijicon 3-9x40 though.
My point is, you can find Mark 5s for good prices these days, similar to the Mark 4. An inferior optic selling for the same money is going to be a tough sell.

If it tracks well, it'll be a winner... but Leupolds other than the Mark 5 have struggled with tracking.

And come on man, 9x top end? ;)

Accupower. I believe it's called the Credo now.

Out here in the real world, 9x is often too much. Mine lives between 4x and 6x.
I use my 32x top end as a faux spotting scope and it's great for viewing impacts on target at distance. Also great for inspection of animals prior to taking a shot, etc.

In the "real world" I've been rocking 25x plus for years, partially due to poor eyesight. Plus, modern scopes are lighter and smaller despite high mags.

They will just discontinue it next year, then when it has a problem they will offer you a 60% credit for it, or replace it with something else that is lower end.
Bingo. "Lifetime Guarantee" only applies to current production items. I found out the hard way that a Vari-X II 1-4x is no longer guaranteed. (This from a guy who BUILT his hunting rifle collection on Leupold.)

Bingo. "Lifetime Guarantee" only applies to current production items. I found out the hard way that a Vari-X II 1-4x is no longer guaranteed. (This from a guy who BUILT his hunting rifle collection on Leupold.)
I'll bet that Leupold gives you a newer scope if they don't support it anymore.

I'll bet that Leupold gives you a newer scope if they don't support it anymore.
You are absolutely right, and until this point, I'd have given you credit for knowing that "newer" quite often is not better. I got a 2.5x fixed and had to wait 10 months to get it. A serious compromise to the assigned rifle's usage, appearance and purpose. "We don't contract for that erector lens (the failing part) anymore." was the closest I got to an explanation.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top