JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I was absolutely blown away today, I didn't realize that the ruger 10/22 magnums had such a.cult following! I went to Portland with a friend today to pick one up he got on gunjoker.....I had a small stroke when I seen what he paid for it!

So I was absolutely blown away today, I didn't realize that the ruger 10/22 magnums had such a.cult following! I went to Portland with a friend today to pick one up he got on gunjoker.....I had a small stroke when I seen what he paid for it!
Hmmm, these are dirt cheap 22 mag. Really fun gun. Plus you can configure it as a pistol for concealed pocket carry... (kidding!)

I might hafta look into that stock for my Rough Rider.
I already have the 22WM cylinder....
20230715_162431.jpg

I am to new back into firearms to know what tweaks me about other guns as I find myself often looking them up as I read through the forum.

Over a grand?

2050$ granted it is new old stock. I still couldn't believe it
Holy hell!!!! Ruger American in 22 mag is $320 new. Little revolver is $230ish new. What does a mossberg chuckster or whatever it was called cost used now I wonder. That's seems crazy high to me but I don't follow 22 mag guns. I noticed there are 22 mag AR uppers now though fwiw.

Last Edited:
Wow! That is a lot.
Never would have guessed.

One of the guns I kinda wish I had back was the Automag II, but if I had it back I would just do the same thing I did years ago. Sell it. However it's worth a whole lot more theses days. (I owned it about 1988-89)
The 22 Mag always seemed to me to be in a weird spot. Not cheap like a 22, but not reloadable like a centerfire.
I've owned 2 10-22s and wasn't thrilled enough with them to keep one for very long. The Magnum would just increase the expense.
But If I'd bought one when new, which I thought about, and would have held onto it til now, I would be happy with the profit. :D

Holy hell!!!! Ruger American in 22 mag is $320 new. Little revolver is $230ish new. What does a mossberg chuckster or whatever it was called cost used now I wonder. That's seems crazy high to me.
Ya I guess it's a collectors gun now.....so I've been told. I guess 40,000 where made for 3 years and they had a recall cause of the receiver cracking. If you sent them back to ruger they gave you the gun of your choice. This was new in the box never fired, I still almost stroked out!

For $2k, your choices in firearms are pretty extensive. Like, darn near any gun you want outside of customs and .50s extensive and he chose a .22 he's not even supposed to shoot. Unbelievable.

For $2k, your choices in firearms are pretty extensive. Like, darn near any gun you want outside of customs and .50s extensive and he chose a .22 he's not even supposed to shoot. Unbelievable.
Damn straight. For $2k you could get:

Ruger American or similar 22 mag $330ish, plus
Mp5 clone or cz shadow 2 $900-$1000
plus
other gun(s) totaling $700

You could almost buy half of a Wilson Combat for that!

I was going to say Rough Rider .22 revolvers, but when I think about it, it's not hard to understand the popularity: low price.

As low quality as they are, most of them do tend to work OK. Materials and quality are a step above a pot-metal cap gun, and if you get a bad one or your new gun falls apart after a couple months, like mine did, it's an expensive hassle to send it in for repair. They might fix it, or they might make it worse, like they did mine.

You can't go too far wrong for a hundred bucks or so, and most people who have them seem to be pretty happy with them. But, for just a few dollars more I bought a Ruger Wrangler; far better quality, far better customer service, and the Rough Rider sits in the back of the safe collecting dust. Ironically, not long after buying the Wrangler I found an older, used Super Single Six, complete with both cylinders, for only a few dollars more than the Wrangler. Now the Wrangler sits in the back of the safe with the Rough Rider! :)

I was going to say Rough Rider .22 revolvers, but when I think about it, it's not hard to understand the popularity: low price.

As low quality as they are, most of them do tend to work OK. Materials and quality are a step above a pot-metal cap gun, and if you get a bad one or your new gun falls apart after a couple months, like mine did, it's an expensive hassle to send it in for repair. They might fix it, or they might make it worse, like they did mine.

You can't go too far wrong for a hundred bucks or so, and most people who have them seem to be pretty happy with them. But, for just a few dollars more I bought a Ruger Wrangler; far better quality, far better customer service, and the Rough Rider sits in the back of the safe collecting dust. Ironically, not long after buying the Wrangler I found an older, used Super Single Six, complete with both cylinders, for only a few dollars more than the Wrangler. Now the Wrangler sits in the back of the safe with the Rough Rider! :)
Yeah, the back of my safe is crowded too. Pre SB941 I would just offload stuff like that. Now it's not worth the hassle.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top