JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I dont get it either with a few caveats. I will say that once you pass an income level of not caring what things cost and you just want the best it comes into focus a little more. I mean a cheap watch keeps the same time as a $100K Rolex so why buy the $100K Rolex. Its because you can afford to buy the $100K Rolex. Thats what it turns into. You buy it because you can. A $10K KAC is chump change if you're wealthy. Does it run better than a $1K Colt? Nope. Is it more accurate? Maybe but not in a way that makes any difference to your lifestyle. Its just saying to your friends and the world that 'I can drop $10K on something trivial without caring. ".
In regards to watches....
I like mechanical and automatic watches.....
Just something about them , the gears and engineering that went into them that I like.

That said....Watches of these types can range all up and down the price scale.
Lots to look into when thinking of buying one...And price alone does not determine quality here.

Do they tell time better than a cheap battery powered watch...no.
But then , time telling ain't the only reason or only thing I look for in a watch.
I just like mechanical and automatic watches better...and that is reason enough , for me at least.

Sorry for the digression.
Andy
Just last month, I gifted my Rolex Champagne Oyster Perpetual DateJust to my son as one of his college graduation presents. Purchased in 1979 after high school graduation, it has now been passed on to him. My hope is that he takes care of it for the next 45 years, and he gifts it to his firstborn son...

Rolex_Perpetual DateJust.PNG

I may have cried a little when I handed that over...

ETA:
Just priced a new one. It's $13,000 for the exact same watch these days (yup, they still make the classics). It was just under $900 back in the late '70s...

1704683433356.png

Last Edited:
Most Kel-Tec bubblegum but specifically, The Kel-Tec Sub2000! I absolutely HATE this gun. I love PC carbines in general but that thing is terrible. It is cheap metal and cheap plastic with a horrible design and the worst sights ever. People seem to like them though after they put $1k in Mcarbo upgrades on it.

I gotta admit....I bought a judge years ago, then realized it was pretty much worthless so now it sits in the safe unfired
How accurate is it as a 45LC revolver? Do they have threaded barrel? If so that might be one way to shoot it. Totally agree with you on .410 usefulness (from my perspective).

Most Kel-Tec bubblegum but specifically, The Kel-Tec Sub2000! I absolutely HATE this gun. I love PC carbines in general but that thing is terrible. It is cheap metal and cheap plastic with a horrible design and the worst sights ever. People seem to like them though after they put $1k in Mcarbo upgrades on it.
My son bought one....after 50 rounds he tried giving it to me. I politely declined

Just last month, I gifted my Rolex Champagne Oyster Perpetual DateJust to my son as one of his college graduation presents. Purchased in 1979 after high school graduation, it has now been passed on to him. My hope is that he takes care of it like I did for 45+ years, and he gifts it to his firstborn son...

View attachment 1797524

I may have cried a little when I handed that over...

I love my Sub-2000 in 40 S&W that can take Glock 23 magazines. Had to polish the chamber to get it to run well, but that took all of 10 seconds. With an Aimpoint sight it holds sub minute-of-coyote to 100 yards real well. There's no Mcarbo anything anywhere on it.

I love my Sub-2000 in 40 S&W that can take Glock 23 magazines. Had to polish the chamber to get it to run well, but that took all of 10 seconds. With an Aimpoint sight it holds sub minute-of-coyote to 100 yards real well. There's no Mcarbo anything anywhere on it.
This isn't your first girlfriend.....you can tell us the truth! Love?? That's a pretty strong word....jk!

I gotta admit....I bought a judge years ago, then realized it was pretty much worthless so now it sits in the safe unfired
How accurate is it as a 45LC revolver? Do they have threaded barrel? If so that might be one way to shoot it. Totally agree with you on .410 usefulness (from my perspective).

Mine sits in the end table drawer, next to the couch in my living room where I habitually sit, loaded with Hornady Critical Defense 410 Triple Defense shotshells...

...just waitin'...

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads