JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm on number 2.....tells ya how smart I am. This one is a keeper and has no problem with me buying more hi points and keltecs 😉
No 1 is a good woman, but I was a bit young and selfish when we married. We are still friends.

No 2 is the bomb! She is used to me buying all kinds of sh!t and never complains, but that's because she never wants for anything, either. 25 years in May. :)
A half a dozen or more of the guns in the safe are hers.

Kimber is another I don't understand....I have the k6 and a 1911 by them and I'm not all that impressed.
Don't get me started! (Too late)
When Kimber was in Clackamas, they were all but handbuilt and wonderful.
The 8400 Montana my wife bought for me as a present (I told you she is The Bomb!) was such a disappointment. She paid dearly for it. It had a few cosmetic issues that I could have fixed, but it was new and it wouldn't feed reliably. (?!?) I sent it back, on my dime. They fixed the cosmetic issues, but didn't do anything about the feed issue. Obviously they were more concerned about how it looked, not how it worked. When the Ruger I'd sold came back up for sale, I bought it and sold the Kimber.
The Ruger turned into my Ackley project and I wouldn't trade it for two Kimbers...

The 8400 Montana my wife bought for me as a present (I told you she is The Bomb!) was such a disappointment. She paid dearly for it. It had a few cosmetic issues that I could have fixed, but it was new and it wouldn't feed reliably. (?!?) I sent it back, on my dime. They fixed the cosmetic issues, but didn't do anything about the feed issue. Obviously they were more concerned about how it looked, not how it worked. When the Ruger I'd sold came back up for sale, I bought it and sold the Kimber.
The Ruger turned into my Ackley project and I wouldn't trade it for two Kimbers...
I've never even held one of their rifles but after owning 2 pistols I'll stick to my red butt pad ruger

Don't do it! I see you sniffing around that kimber😉

I love my Sub-2000 in 40 S&W that can take Glock 23 magazines. Had to polish the chamber to get it to run well, but that took all of 10 seconds. With an Aimpoint sight it holds sub minute-of-coyote to 100 yards real well. There's no Mcarbo anything anywhere on it.
I have a gen2 Sub2k, also .40S&W, bought it a few years ago for a good price, also had to do the chamber thing to make it reliable. I wouldn't say I love it, but I do like it.

It really has only one thing going for it. The ergonomics are terrible, the sights are poor, and the trigger is awful, but it folds up into this tiny little thing that easily fits into a suitcase or backpack. It's kind of fun to shoot, once in a while, but the Ruger PCC is far easier to use at the range.
I can see why some wouldn't like it though. I let a friend shoot it once. He couldn't get his neck craned over enough to even see the sights properly. He set it down in disgust and proclaimed it unusable (even though he had just watched me ring steel with it repeatedly at 100 yards).

This isn't your first girlfriend.....you can tell us the truth! Love?? That's a pretty strong word....jk!
I still love my first girlfriend- been married to her for the last couple decades!

My Kimbers all work flawlessly, doesn't know why all the hate!
Ryan Busse, former exec board of Kimber that turned into a Moms Demand Action Giffords lobbyist and writes articles/books about how the industry "radicalized America/allows gun violence epidemic/promotes extremism."

Agree thats unrelated to how the firearm functions... also met those that won't buy anything Colt because of their sear block and half moon bcgs.

I gotta admit....I bought a judge years ago, then realized it was pretty much worthless so now it sits in the safe unfired
I won the Judge's cousin at a Friends of NRA banquet - S&W Governor. I shot some .45 LC and some .45 acp out of it. It was okay. In fact, it fit my hand and the recoil from the .45LC ammo was really tame compared to the Ruger Blackhawk I owned. I held onto it for a couple of years, then sold it for a lot more than it was worth to me. I worried that I would end up posting in one of those pathetic threads about "The gun you wish you hadn't sold." Nope. On the surface it seemed like it might make a good nightstand gun. It doesn't hold much ammo. I've got better choices.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top