JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Form follows function. Not the other way around.

Though I think with a muzzleloader we should all load em up with a red dot, magnifier, flashlight, laser, bipod, vertical foregrip, and pistol grip (anyone getting a heart attack yet? :D).

Those single shot Cricket .22lr rifles. Why not just spend an extra $30 or $40 and get a semi-auto mossberg. +1 for the credit card gun.

Because a single-shot bolt action rifle is good for training younger kids on shooting and safety would be my guess. I have a 10/22, but I'm considering buying a Cricket for my boy to learn with before moving him up to semi-auto. Although I'll probably just start with the .17HMR Savage I already have and then move to the 10/22.

Whats wrong with The noreen bn 36 :rolleyes:
I don't have anything against the general concept but, FWIW, a friends brother bought a Noreen .30 '06 (not sure of the specific model but "AR" style). It came apart on him. The bolt carrier was almost paper thin in the area where the magazine clearance cuts are. The bottom of the bolt carrier peeled open and launched the magazine and contents out the bottom and some frags into his hand. I suspect they've corrected this problem since (as I understand it, they were extremely responsive when contacted) but something to consider.

Because a single-shot bolt action rifle is good for training younger kids on shooting and safety would be my guess. I have a 10/22, but I'm considering buying a Cricket for my boy to learn with before moving him up to semi-auto. Although I'll probably just start with the .17HMR Savage I already have and then move to the 10/22.

My boy about 20 years ago with a Chipmunk single shot .22. Too small for me to shoot unless I place the butt on my chin but perfect for a little guy. Then they were nicely wood-stocked and well proportioned. Some of the new crop of small .22s look like there may have been some Thalidomide involved in their birth:eek:

Still, I think a single shot is the way to start and teach them about the value of careful aimed fire.

chipmunk.jpg

Id say Taurus PT-22
Its a small compact neat little pistol until you fire it, it has a flip barrel that will jam on any loads of 22LR.
You can polish the feeds, oil , buy $$$ ammo nope and not just one but two we once had did it.
Hence once had. I wanted a nice plinking 22lr but these are ridiculous. The old cheap Jennies we once had worked at least.
Anyways thats my pick.

I'm thinking something like a bigger version of Mk 18 Mod Briefcase, not really a pistol but more a "folds to fit in a large briefcase/small duffel" two-hands-no-shoulder weapon. Sorta like how you hold a no-stock Thompson. :)
Law folding stock, quick detach barrel i think cry havoc makes one, dont know how dependable they all are

Last Edited:
Because a single-shot bolt action rifle is good for training younger kids on shooting and safety would be my guess. I have a 10/22, but I'm considering buying a Cricket for my boy to learn with before moving him up to semi-auto.

Spend a few more bucks and get a Chipmunk. Nicer rifle. Or the Henry but that's more $$still.

My boy about 20 years ago with a Chipmunk single shot .22. Too small for me to shoot unless I place the butt on my chin but perfect for a little guy. Then they were nicely wood-stocked and well proportioned. Some of the new crop of small .22s look like there may have been some Thalidomide involved in their birth:eek:

Still, I think a single shot is the way to start and teach them about the value of careful aimed fire.

View attachment 449656
Here's my boy with his chipmunk a couple of weeks back. They are great for new shooters, especially the little ones. 20180211_174855.jpg

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top