JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know that now, but when I was 18 and making $1.10 an hour that $100 Browning looked a long way off.:)
Understood. Patience has to be earned as well as learned. As Dad would say in a mock Scandehovian accent... "so soon ve get oldt und too late schmart". I'm getting the first part of that down, hoping for progress on the second part!

Oh to see $100 Browning SA22s again;)

Dual .45
arsenal-double-barreled-1911.jpg

D5B797D8-51C0-46D3-BF9E-116984F85312.jpeg Nagant revolver.

Obsolete upon introduction.

I own one because it is so weird and unique, and because my kid is a Russian history freak. The gun you shoot on Sunday and load all week. Horrible trigger and they made 2 Million of them in a mouse fart caliber.

When compared to other offerings at the time, I can't believe they went into production.

No offense intended to the owners of any of these. AR pistols. I know they're fun - just can't wrap my head around them. The FN 5.7 - again, a very hot little cartridge, but to me it answers the unasked question. .32 "Magnums" that aren't really a magnum. Again, fine cartridges in their own right but about 100 years late as I see it, since the golden age of the .32 is long past.

No offense intended to the owners of any of these. AR pistols. I know they're fun - just can't wrap my head around them. The FN 5.7 - again, a very hot little cartridge, but to me it answers the unasked question. .32 "Magnums" that aren't really a magnum. Again, fine cartridges in their own right but about 100 years late as I see it, since the golden age of the .32 is long past.
For the most part, 5.7 isn't really much for the civilian market. However, government agencies benefit from it as they often have armor piercing rounds (that we cannot own as civilians due to the pistols).

For the most part, 5.7 isn't really much for the civilian market. However, government agencies benefit from it as they often have armor piercing rounds (that we cannot own as civilians due to the pistols).
Since the 5.56 was considered marginal when introduced, what to make of the 5.7? Methinks it falls into the philosophical category of .32 and .380 police pistols in Europe being adequate. I think that the 5.7 MMJ/.22 Spitfire makes more sense but suffers from "not invented by FN" syndrome. Each time I see such an introduction, I wonder just how many cartridge designs are really needed. And yes, I realize that I am lapsing into curmudgeonry here.

Since the 5.56 was considered marginal when introduced, what to make of the 5.7? Methinks it falls into the philosophical category of .32 and .380 police pistols in Europe being adequate. I think that the 5.7 MMJ/.22 Spitfire makes more sense but suffers from "not invented by FN" syndrome. Each time I see such an introduction, I wonder just how many cartridge designs are really needed. And yes, I realize that I am lapsing into curmudgeonry here.
Pretty much because of how compact the PS90 is, and its feeding system does not work well with anything bigger than 5.7. Like I said, for them its because the 5.7 THEY have is armor piercing. The 5.7 WE have is not.

View attachment 450072 Nagant revolver.

Obsolete upon introduction.

I own one because it is so weird and unique, and because my kid is a Russian history freak. The gun you shoot on Sunday and load all week. Horrible trigger and they made 2 Million of them in a mouse fart caliber.

When compared to other offerings at the time, I can't believe they went into production.

Isn't this the model that was successfully suppressed? I think it was. Something about the cylinder sealing tighter to the barrel before firing I think. I saw a video on it and it really did work. I think it might of been this model.

No offense intended to the owners of any of these. AR pistols. I know they're fun - just can't wrap my head around them.

I was the same way for a long time but then I got to thinking that maybe one would make a pretty good addition to a GHB for the truck. Small enough to conceal in a small pack but has full carbine power. I have pretty much all the parts for one except the brace gathered up.

Isn't this the model that was successfully suppressed? I think it was. Something about the cylinder sealing tighter to the barrel before firing I think. I saw a video on it and it really did work. I think it might of been this model.

Yes.... it it's not worth the effort. Tall sights and threading should be reserved for Guns that are actually fun to shoot.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top