JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Fellow Gun lovers. What Firearm do you find ridiculous , impractical,
would never waste your money on??:oops:
And give a reason why.o_O

I will start with the Desert Eagle in 50 AE. Size and weight makes it not a piece
you want to pack all day. It needs full power loads to make it work. I have witnessed
several with reliability issues?
And the recoil is nothing but EXTREMELY BRUTAL. To the point of being unbarrable
to put a couple magazines through it.:confused::confused: If you don't have a flinch now the DE in
50 will give you one.:(
OK Let the hate begin.:mad::mad::mad: The 'real man' that packs 2 DE's all day long
in shoulder holsters and shoots it one handed. :eek:
GetDynamicImage.aspx?dir=itemImages&path=SVimg-DE50ASIMB.jpg

The one that I still don't get is the Judge. When Taurus brought it out it was a repeat of one that had been around for decades. The original never caught on but Taurus was able to make it work through shear advertising. Many still swear by them even with the problems. Very big and heavy, the .45 Colt rounds tend to be very poor accuracy because of the long lead so they can use the .410 shells. The .410 shells always "look" real impressive when they show them on those shoot'n'see targets. Problem is with shot they produce VERY shallow wounds unless you are very close to the target. I have tried to tell those buying one they would be far better off with either a .45 Colt or .44 wheel gun. The advertising Taurus did on these made them something a lot of people bought.

Honestly, any "tactical" looking rifle or shotgun that looks too new or clean to have ever been used "tactically". And I'm not talking about that new BTDT paint scheme people are using. The more crap thats bolted onto it, the "better". Trained shooter is way more impressive than wizz-bang gun.

On the hunting side, I think its funny when people put a yard length of scope on their rifle. Most hunting in the PNW can be done between 1.5 and 6x. Yet, I see more 16x and higher scopes out there. Many with "tactical" turrets.

Whatever.

The one that I still don't get is the Judge. When Taurus brought it out it was a repeat of one that had been around for decades. The original never caught on but Taurus was able to make it work through shear advertising. Many still swear by them even with the problems. Very big and heavy, the .45 Colt rounds tend to be very poor accuracy because of the long lead so they can use the .410 shells. The .410 shells always "look" real impressive when they show them on those shoot'n'see targets. Problem is with shot they produce VERY shallow wounds unless you are very close to the target. I have tried to tell those buying one they would be far better off with either a .45 Colt or .44 wheel gun. The advertising Taurus did on these made them something a lot of people bought.

And then S&W comes out with "The Governor". o_O I guess you could see it as a pretty impressive carry piece if you were into LOONG cylinders? "' Scuse me while I whip this out"

b9abe0ffc7a707b19e4484e440462721--hand-cannon-hunting-guns.jpg

Anything made by Taurus.
Anything semi auto in 22 mag (jam-o-matic).
MIM parts guns.
Built in "safety lock" firearms.
Jennings, Bryco, Raven, etc...
And of course GLOCK, they suck the most!!!;):D:p:s0111:

I don't really dislike any gun. There are some that I would never buy or pay money for.

download.jpg
Good point would be the harmonica gun imagine carrying that in a IWB holster all day! :eek:
But if I found one I'd probably get it just because! :rolleyes:

I don't really dislike any gun. There are some that I would never buy or pay money for.

View attachment 382468
Good point would be the harmonica gun imagine carrying that in a IWB holster all day! :eek:
But if I found one I'd probably get it just because! :rolleyes:

LOL.... appendix carry.... is that a gun in your pants, or are you just glad to see me? :s0112:

The AR-15.

Closest thing to a boat. Instead of being a hole in the water where you throw money, AR-15's have become a hole in safes were people throw their money.

Modern In line Muzzle loaders ... Just a way to skirt the law and still be legal during muzzle loading season.
Folks have used "traditional" muzzle loaders for centuries and kept themselves fed.

Learn your gun , learn to shoot it and learn to hunt with it ... no need for a modern "fix" for a non-existing problem.
Andy

The harmonica gun would at least be useful for vehicle carry.

+1 on the DE! What it lacks is a wheeled carriage ala Napoleonic artillery.

My nomination: the S&W .500 snubbie. If you don't have arthritic hands that will give them to you.

Fellow Gun lovers. What Firearm do you find ridiculous , impractical,
would never waste your money on??:oops:
And give a reason why.o_O

I will start with the Desert Eagle in 50 AE. Size and weight makes it not a piece
you want to pack all day. It needs full power loads to make it work. I have witnessed
several with reliability issues?
And the recoil is nothing but EXTREMELY BRUTAL. To the point of being unbarrable
to put a couple magazines through it.:confused::confused: If you don't have a flinch now the DE in
50 will give you one.:(
OK Let the hate begin.:mad::mad::mad: The 'real man' that packs 2 DE's all day long
in shoulder holsters and shoots it one handed. :eek:
View attachment 382452

I have to disagree with the statement ".....the recoil is nothing but EXTREMELY BRUTAL. To the point of being unbearable to put a couple magazines through it."

It fits extremely well in my hands and I can put a box (of 50) through it without any problems. The weight actually helps with the recoil.

And, you DO NOT have to run full power loads in it. Hang on to it and don't "limp wrist it" and it will cycle just fine. Any off the shelf loads work just fine.

I feel the Ruger LCR Special with +P loads has more recoil than my DE 50.

Just sayin'. ;)

Lets, see..... to answer the original question, "What guns do I find ridiculous?"

The Auto Mag. It is ridiculously gorgeous! Very impractical for just about everything.

But DANG! it is a gorgeous gun!!!

Yes, I am impartial to them. :D:rolleyes:;)

Last Edited:
Tiny derringers and tiny semi-autos (with hammers/slides that bite even medium size paws). And anything that must be opened up or unfolded to shoot.

If I were a collector/trader/seller of novelty firearms, they might serve some purpose in my world. But I'm not, so they don't.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews