JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A few come to mind:
  • Don't be so scattershot and have a much narrower focus.
  • Get into the .44 Magnum for handguns and carbines earlier.
  • Get into transferable machine-guns way earlier. They're fun, but the return on investment has greatly outpaced many other investments. (Easier said than done, though.)
  • Don't take the milsurp market for granted because one day, it really dries up.
  • Just skip the plastic-fantastics.
  • Listen way less to the advice of others on firearms, as so much of it was flapdoodle.
  • Practice even more on the handgun range.
  • Don't wander away from hunting. The times afield are remembered with great fondness; long hours logged at the office not.

A buddy of mine years ago wanted to buy a few thousand dollars worth of Mosin Nagants back when you could get them at big 5 around $40 dollars each. I told him it would be a foolish investment because way too many of them were made. I thought pre64 model 70's would be better. Of course I was buying only the nicest hex receiver Nagants at the time… but I only kept one to this day. Wish I could have a do-over 😂

Let's see.....

#1. Momma's car window sitting out in sub zero temps for days does not make a good target for your Red Rider. No matter how far away it may appear.

#2. When playing BB gun tag and confronted with, "surrender or die!?"... there is no dishonor or stain on your boyhood in choosing "surrender"... at least on occasion.

Not exclusive to guns, but there is some cross over.

#3. Pappa's belt sessions are not mere punishments for specific deeds in that single moment, but are meant to be long term reminders... when you feel your curiosity may start getting the best of you, again.
Same for me... all of the above... :s0140:

Last Edited:
Starting from childhood:

4. Get that Thompson before I-594!
Didn't beat I-594, but had to go through the BGC anyway, since I specifically wanted mine to be an SBR...

T1BSB.03.JPG T1BSB.08.JPG T1BSB.09.JPG

Last Edited:
Start buying firearms at 18, don't focus on paintball guns :s0140:
I turned 18 winter of the year of 2000, when I was still in HS (Class of 2002 though; turned 20 my first semester in college) :rolleyes: but had I started buying guns and stuff at that time.. I probably would have been able to score certain guns cheaper than they ended up.. like Mosin Magants, SKS.... AKs...

1) Don't part with the F/A MAC-10... :rolleyes:

Spring 1984 (MAC 10).01.jpg Spring 1984 (MAC 10).02.jpg

2) Don't part with the Ruger .44 Magnum Super Blackhawk w/8" barrel... :rolleyes:

(not my photo)
1710719598261.png

Really dumb moves... wish both of them were around today... :oops:

ETA:
My old climbing partner/best friend at the time had to "one-up" me after I let him shoot my Ruger.
He went out and got the same gun, but in nickel plate and 10" barrel.
Apparently, just so he could say, "Mine is bigger than yours." He was like that... :rolleyes:

Frank-make my day (cropped).jpg

Last Edited:
Left my pre64 model 70 in 264 with my first wife when Uncle Sam scooped me up.
She pawned it while the bugs were biting the hell outta me. Got shed of her when I
got out. Was probably a good trade, (a bit of rational there). Traded off a Model 88
in 308 (tolerable) and not tolerable a Model 88 in 358 Win. I started drinking less
and thinking more and deals since then have been sorta cool.

I have never really been into military surplus firearms, but if I could redo it while knowing what I know now. I would currently have an outstanding collection from around the world that was purchased very inexpensively.

Don't sell anything!
And then I'd smack myself upside the head.
There are some guns I'm GLAD I sold. Some I even sold without shooting them. The only gun I regret selling was my Gen 4 Glock 23. And I don't know why. I don't want to shoot one again but I miss it.

The advice id give to younger me would be to not listen to gun store fudd lore and use other proven data for your answers. As Paul Harrell says "you be the judge"

For ever gun you buy, put that same amount in Bitcoin.
First time I heard about Bitcoin, it was about $1k. If I had the gift of foresight, I'd be putting every single rusty penny I could scrape off the pavement into Bitcoin. But I don't and I missed the boat. So I punch the clock.

First time I heard about Bitcoin, it was about $1k. If I had the gift of foresight, I'd be putting every single rusty penny I could scrape off the pavement into Bitcoin. But I don't and I missed the boat. So I punch the clock.
I remember hearing about it in 2010. At that time, it was worth $0.30.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top