JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I thought that you could get a replacement polymer lower for a glock for almost nothing.

I'm not a glock guy or have ever had one but that was my understanding as one of its appeals for people.

Too many people ruining guns. If its stippled, that's why its for sale, even the owner didn't like it. Recently I saw a WWll era 1911A1 somebody ruined like that. He thought it added 1K in value to it.

I prefer original finish not someone's idea of an improvement wether it's cerakoted over the original finish or stipplng. It's not something I would be interested in unless it is greatly marked down. I wonder about all the yahoo's who take an old rifle and cerakoted it, paint camouflage on thier rifle then call it custom. It's thier rifle but I don't think they did it any favors. Not for me.

Well it depends on how bad you want to sell it. If done right it can add value for the right buyer, which may take longer to find.
Problem is the majority may not like it, which would make the selling price lower than normal.

I tend not to want to buy anything "modified" for the fact that you never know who did it or how intelligent they were.

Just because something cost more money doesn't make it more valuble.

But I would try to sell it for normal price.

Depends of the quality of the job, I have seen some that are horrific hack jobs and others that are just plain fantastic! I would definatley pay market value for one that looked good and was done right!

I am currently in the market for a G19 and finding one that had a stipple job done right would be a bonus for me, besides it would save me a bundle by not having an excuse to get an Agency Arms workup!;)

No stippling for me, it just seems so busy, lacks a sense of continuity befitting the entire package.
A Glock on the other hand, may be you can make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

hard to sell a custom piece. its like trying to sell a car from "pimp my ride" with 15 screens,2 playstaions and a bubble machine.

xzibit made that whip for you DAWGGG

OH SNAAAAAP

Lets be honest, there is absolutely no reason to stipple a gun. It doesn't look cool, and it doesn't enhance the gun. Its just another stupid fad that ruins guns. In 30-40 years people will cry at whats been done like when they see a pre 64 Model 70 that was modified.

I thought that you could get a replacement polymer lower for a glock for almost nothing.

I'm not a glock guy or have ever had one but that was my understanding as one of its appeals for people.

Not quite next to nothing. I've bought several Glock lowers over the years, average is $200-$225 with internals. And since the lower is the firearm, include BGC and transfer.

Other option, less expensive, is the Polymer 80 version. Available right now at Brownell's for $69.99

Lets be honest, there is absolutely no reason to stipple a gun. It doesn't look cool, and it doesn't enhance the gun. Its just another stupid fad that ruins guns. In 30-40 years people will cry at whats been done like when they see a pre 64 Model 70 that was modified.

Sure there is a reason.
You can grind off the finger grip bumps if you don't like them.
Fill the hole in the rear of the grip then grind it down for a much smaller grip.

The texture will give you a better grip on the gun.
But I worry it could also rub you or your shirt raw on a carry gun.

The looks?
Well there's no accounting for taste.

So it may destroy resale value.
But many people make money doing this to Glocks.

So there is a market.

Those that have stippled then sold your Glock.
How was the resale?

What do you guys think about the look and function of stippling?

I owned a custom stippled Glock 35 a few years ago. Guy I bought it from had it done as he used it for competition. Best feeling Glock in my hand ever. Eventually did sell it to fund another purchase and had no trouble finding a buyer, and got the same price as any other used Glock I've sold. Just need to find the right buyer.

My recommendation though, if you want to have it done, is to buy a separate lower for $200 or so and mod that one. That way, if you want to sell later, you can sell the unmodified gun with matching serial #'s.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top