JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lets be honest, there is absolutely no reason to stipple a gun. It doesn't look cool, and it doesn't enhance the gun. Its just another stupid fad that ruins guns. In 30-40 years people will cry at whats been done like when they see a pre 64 Model 70 that was modified.
I own several glocks that are all stippled and I much prefer the texture and grip of a stippled frame over a non-stippled frame. It is easier to grip and fills out the palm just enough (for me) to make it that much more comfortable in my hand.
To each their own I guess, but to say it "doesn't enhance the gun" or "ruins guns" is not true in either case.
The same can be said for PMAGS, some prefer them stippled or enhanced with grip tape, others prefer to leave them alone, totally depends on the user and what works for them!

Last Edited:
Also not a fan of stippling. If I see it on the gun in an ad, that's a deal breaker for me. Most jobs I see are ugly as hell, and in my opinion, ruin the gun. I am sure you will find a buyer, but it will take longer, as other people have other opinions, and as said earlier, could save someone that wants to stipple theirs a lot of money.

if done by a reputable company I say it adds value. Some of the stipple guys out there are doing some sick work and everything is also purpose driven. I think hard boarders and random patterning is the key. Also high polish on areas that have been ground down.

I had my 17 stippled and frame worked over and it is looks and feels 10x better than stock.

Is it the same people saying stippling and grip work is stupid that complain about the stock grip on a glock? :s0149::s0149:

Honestly though it depends on the buyer and who did the work.

As others have stated, I wouldn't buy a stippled Glock and have passed on several good deals here for that fact.

The difference lies in whether it was stippled, or professionally stippled.

I paid quite a bit of money to have my Glock stippled.

MAX_3475-L.jpg

Hint 1, I'm in the process of building another.

Hint 2, it would absolutely sell for more than base value.

Buy this and mod it with stippling or what ever - Polymer 80 version lower available at Brownell's for $69.99

Or, if you are doing it for the extra grip, might try grip tape, some really like it, some don't. Good thing, it peels right off and leave no sign it was ever there and it is pretty cheap.

I do have to say, I have seen hotted up glocks with stippling and modded slides that did look pretty cool. Not sure I'd exactly pay big $$ for the mods though but if such a gun came up for sale and it was not over priced and it was well done....

There is good stippling
11410415_512655872221441_341789270_n.jpg

and not so good stippling.
CIMG0781.JPG

Then ... OHMYGOD.... stippling
l2LCZ5y.png
~

Last Edited:
Besides the reliability of Glock for an everyday carry piece, for me the other selling point was the "no frills" look to it. Stippling just destroys any resale value of the frame. If I came across one stippled for sale, then it better be on sale for the price of the slide assembly only. Just Talon grip tape it if anything. I Talon gripped my XD .45 and it looks and feels good TO ME, I can always remove it if I ever sell it. I think people stipple Glocks because the price of a frame is cheap and easy to replace.

Same deal like when you buy a car or motorcycle and replace every part with chrome, fart mufflers and pimp rims. Then you go to sell it, trying to impress everyone how money you invested (lost/wasted) and wonder why nobody wants it. While its fine that you may like it, don't expect the world to automatically jump on your merry-go-round when it comes to taste or "art".
Just saying. Geeze I'm getting old.

Just reading through this thread... It would seem to me that most people think it is a waste. To me I would say everybody is different. Not everyone use their guns for the same purpose. It is all about personal preference. People these days like custom and personalization. It makes them unique. Yes, you may mess up your stippling if you try it yourself and don't know what you are doing or did not have a plan before you started. I personally like the stippling. I love to see people be different and break out of the mold. I can appreciate both sides to this discussion though. It is nothing to have another lower modified the way you want it and resale both. It is something to be said about the way that feels unique to you. Then there are others who like being apart of the crowd with the same old... Truth is there will always be those that will try and be different. That is how the Glock got here in the first place. People trying something new and pushing the boundaries. This is how innovation happens. May not be your taste but you bought a fire arm because someone broke away from the mold to be different. Resale value is not affected with a quality stipple job. Yes you fire arm may not appeal to everyone so you will have a limited buying base. On the other flip side of that coin there is a market of people who would whether buy a stippled gun verses a non-stippled one because they love the unique look and it keeps them from having to spend money doing it themselves.

I'd add a vote for "depends", based completely on the quality of the job. @NCW_Robert did a good job with the pics illustrating that.

A nice job could raise the price some, but a terrible one wouldn't. Then you have to live with it, "give" it away or spend money to fix the mistake.

A gun either fits your hand or it doesn't. Ruining it, or gluing grip tape to it doesn't really change things. Be a man, hang on to that Barbie gun.... lol

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top