JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What I would like to see is an old timey gunshop like Bwana Junction used to be like. I think those type of gunshops are like passenger pigeons - extinct.

Same thing I like at gunshows: milsurps, magazines, slings, bayonets, parts and ammo.

A polymer framed pistol I could buy from anywhere.

What about tools? Sight pushers, gun vise, etc.

The biggest thing I like to see is a positive attitude
I'll add that the owner and employee watch their language. We stopped by that gun store in Sandy maybe 4-5 yrs ago and the owner f-bombed us several times as a normal part of his convo while we were buying a holster for my wife….the guy was apparently never taught to watch his language around the ladies.

If I could add anything.

Be consistent.

I've seen shops go through hell and back because of Covid and other things. Usually because they try to jump in on what's popular at the moment and lose sight of what they were about in the first place. One of my favorite has been through so many changes trying to do something (of which I really don't have the faintest clue to what) that the business that started off being extremely accommodating and easy to work with, just isn't worth dealing with.

Transfers need to be competitive. There are so many shops I drive past in the way to those that do transfers well and at a good price. I often buy stuff from them too. I'm talking 3-4 stores get none of my business because they refuse to be competitive with private transfers. The foot traffic alone!

Facts, not opinions. If a person wants to buy a Taurus, give them the feature list etc. Don't insert your opinions. Hate to say this but you kind of already have! I hate it when I see someone on the other side of the counter talk someone out of something because of personal opinions. You are in the business of selling guns, sell guns.

Be firm. People suck. If you know you did nothing wrong, state that. Be nice, but let it be known. Sporting Systems has been a topic of a certain 10 day wait period, they also have no problem communicating their stance. I like that in a company.

Best of luck!

Honestly, I'd tend to avoid a gun store with odd/part time hours (feels fly-by-night), and one run by someone that thinks it's a good idea to call themself "humanhunter" on a public firearms site.

But, that's just me!:s0092:

I am an old man so what I value has different priorities than what others may have. RangeMaster Gunworks in Lebanon would be a good example of a great gunshop in many ways. First and foremost is Jeff is honest and has integrity and would never sell you junk just to get rid of it. He doesn't pass on problems to the next owner. If he does so then it was a mistake and he stands behind his work. You would never get screwed by the owner on a used gun.

His one man operation could use organizational skills but his friendly open demeanor makes up for any clutter. Fair prices for the times and he doesn't try to run the gunshop for a month on one sale. He makes a fair honest profit and you know this because he does business in the open.

Personality, if you don't have a good one then better have a lot of stock.:D

Honestly, I'd tend to avoid a gun store with odd/part time hours (feels fly-by-night), and one run by someone that thinks it's a good idea to call themself "humanhunter" on a public firearms site.

But, that's just me!:s0092:
Oof. That hurts

Oof. That hurts
Jeff is only open a few days a week and spends the other days working on guns as he is a competent gun smith. His shop offers service and sales and he has been in business many years.

Just an opinion but in my 70 years of watching businesses come and go there are different ideas on what works and what doesn't. The short term guys are all about buy and sell, fill a store up with stock and advertise. The guys with the most stock last the longest.

Gunstores that offer good honest affordable service do well but they don't seem to get rich. It's more a guy that loves what he does.

Bad deal that hurts them all is the price of fuel. Customers just ain't going to drive out of their way unless it's worth the time and the fuel.

What I would like to see is an old timey gunshop like Bwana Junction used to be like. I think those type of gunshops are like passenger pigeons - extinct.
Ahhh….another Joe Lee fan.
He did have some neat stuff in there.
Another good shop was Nick's Guns on Beav-Hillsdale Hwy.
Best,
Gary

Never talk down down to a customer, and this has happened to me. And the individual doing it could of been my grandson. The person behind
the counter has no idea my level of association with firearms. Some only care to let me know how smart they are. And here's a thought a thought
that may cause a stir.: Find a woman with a solid firearms background that can sell as well.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top