JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nylon 66 was pretty hard. Had a Hi-Point Carbine that I ignored advice on and disassembled. It was a challenge to get back together, only one extra part when I was done, pretty proud of maself. Disassembled my 1894 Winchester, without a manual, or You tube. poor choice...About 90 minutes to reassemble correctly, good lesson though.

Hardest gun overall I ever took apart was a 4 digit serial number Marlin shotgun. Model 38? I think. Did it when I was 12. Took me four hours to get it back together. I got her though. Still have that old girl too.

The question should be modified to state either 'modern' or older rifles but regardless the Sub 2000 I owned was the worst of anything I have ever reassembled, which is one of the reasons I sold it. It would be real easy to break something if one was not careful during reassembly.

Not that it was ever really in production but imagine a G11. W5z8DZD.jpg

W5z8DZD.jpg

Remington model 14. And I am talking about a complete disassembly, those bolts are a nightmare, everything is machined to fit perfect.
And when I get it, it hasnt been apart in 60 years and is full of wd40 and dirt so everything is stuck!
Everytime I get one in I start having nightmares...

I kinda need a hug just thinking about the 14...:D

Most gunsmiths I know won't touch the Browning BLR.....it's a gear driven action.....very tough to get the timing right. If you don't, it looks OK but, won't fire.

Hands down, no argument a Browning M2 is the most difficult rifle I have ever worked on. Granted this is a .50 cal crew serve machine gun, but John Browning was a genius and his mind was very complicated. I have a browning A5 in pieces right now, WOW what an engineer this guy was.

Hands down, no argument a Browning M2 is the most difficult rifle I have ever worked on. Granted this is a .50 cal crew serve machine gun, but John Browning was a genius and his mind was very complicated. I have a browning A5 in pieces right now, WOW what an engineer this guy was.

For the A5 you can check out the videos on Art's Gun shop website - IIRC he had some pretty comprehensive videos on assembly and disassembly: <broken link removed>

The 10/22 is a pain in the *** to detail strip and assemble, and as I recall, the mini14 is too. Sometimes seems like the smaller the rifle, the more complicated it has to be.

The 10-22 is a piece of cake compared to the model 60. What a nightmare that one is... Another one that is a pain is the Winchester model 100...

Do you think I would really take any advice from a rude member?(hell no)
Besides I typically only use handguns so I could give a crap about most rifles.Also the fitting on the gun sucked so a book or video would not have helped much if any.

Hey man lighten up. The SKS is pretty simple and sometimes the typed word can come off more harsh than intended.

Besides Orygun is like really really old. Really old. Like over 55 old. He types with 1 finger and even that has arthritis in it. (He sold me a holster once and is a very cool guy)

The Nylon 66 or anything designed by John Moses Browning.
I love the guy's guns and designs ... but boy howdy they can be a pain to put back together.

Of course I always get "spare parts" when reassembling guns LOL.
Andy

I echo the sentiments of those that have disassembled a Nylon 66. I once stopped by a friends house who had one scattered on his kitchen table. Was a real SOB for him to get all of the parts and pieces back in place. I kinda lost my small desire for one of them at that time.

Like Velzey, I dislike the Rem 14.

The BLR isn't bad as long as you mark the gear before you take them apart.

The Winchester 92 is worse than the 94, in fact most of the old winchesters aren't a whole lot of fun.

Without the proper tools, most guns have the potential to be a PItheA. YouTube has emboldened a lot of people and made me a lot of customers reassembling bag o' gun...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top