JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My lil stainless steel Rossi six shooter is my most fun, mainly as it's my only modern .22 revolver. Thus its cheap to shoot and gets shot a lot.

I've been wanting a 686 and I finally found one.
I took it out to shoot. I also shot my 60-15, using the same ammo.
So far, the 60-15 remains my favorite handgun to shoot. :D

My .260 Remington xp100r. It's an absolute tack driver to 300yds. I can't see well enough to do it justice past that. Lol

IMG_1534.jpeg

I like my CZ-82 in 9X18. Feels good in my hand, is reasonably accurate, and steel cased ammo used to be dirt cheap and abundant.

2nd favorite for fun shooting would be my Taurus revolver (no model no.) in .22MAG. It's scary accurate out to 50 yards and ammo is reasonably priced still.

I find it interesting how many here have listed a 1911 as their favorite gun to shoot.

I have to agree. My favorite is my first real competition gun. A one-time state-of-the-art competition pistol built by Jim Clark Sr. I believe this gun was built in early 1983. I was shooting it in USPSA competition in 1985 just before and after the 38 Super single-stack race pistols came onto the competition scene in our area, and just before the early C-More sights. This "Pin Gun" was built in his old Keithville LA shop and features a coned barrel and twin-port comp as opposed to the single-port comp used by Bill Wilson in those days. This one used an Essex single-stack frame and pre-dates the gunsmith kit Para frames that were the first generation of hi-cap frames. It has the front strap stippling that Jim Sr. was famous for, but I have shot it with the Pachmayer grips since the late 1980's.

The photos here are from before I sent it back to Clark for him to tune it up and tighten it up, which they did and somehow fixed the worn bluing without changing the Keithville slide markings. The trigger is still excellent and it will shoot better than most people can hold. With light loads and a Wolfe spring this thing used to clear a plate rack pretty quickly. When a range partner shoots this pistol for the first time, the grin on their face when they empty the magazine is always fun.

I have resisted the temptation to add any update or upgrade other than the hex grip screws. I would love to add an optic but at this point I can't bring myself to cut up this piece of history.

PS. Just as a frame of reference on what guns USED to cost - I traded a S&W 29 8-3/8" barrel 44 Mag straight up for this .45.

DLW_2455.JPG DLW_2453.JPG

.30 Carbine in a Ruger Blackhawk. Very accurate VERY LOUD OK VERY VERY LOUD. And fun to make interesting handloads for like a Sierra 125gr FPHP to turn it into a very fast moving very hard hitting round for self defense or short range deer hunting.

Followed by my 1967 Ruger Bearcat in of course .22LR I love to shoot it with shorts at about 10 yards

My High Standard Field King is likely my favorite. I say likely because I enjoy them all.
I don't want to get to far off topic
Andy do you openly discuss owning or shooting guns in the office or hall ways at work
where other people that don't can hear you talking about it ?
Talk about it at work all the time. For a while had guns posted on my LinkedIn profile.
I'm at the end of my career, so don't care.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top