JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I personally would say the Norinco SKS my dad owns, as I decided to clean it for him as it probably won't get cleaned for awhile unless I cleaned it,after taking a good hour and a half to get the trigger group and 10 round non detachable magazine back in I have to say the was
the most difficult rifle I have ever reassembled,now I know why he never cleans it himself.

I'm sorry, but if it took you that long to put an SKS together, you should get a book to show you how. Sounds like you got hung up on something that should be very simple. But if you go about things the wrong way, they will kick your butt. I find the SKS a very simple, straightforward gun to knock down and put back together.
The Remington Nylon 66 my buddy took apart years ago was a real SOB to get back together.

I'm sorry, but if it took you that long to put an SKS together, you should get a book to show you how. Sounds like you got hung up on something that should be very simple. But if you go about things the wrong way, they will kick your butt. I find the SKS a very simple, straightforward gun to knock down and put back together.
The Remington Nylon 66 my buddy took apart years ago was a real SOB to get back together.

I took it apart for the first time,no need to be an *** about it.

I took it apart for the first time,no need to be an *** about it.

Wasn't being an a$$ and you need to lighten up quite a bit.
What I said was a true statement. They are a simple gun to deal with, once you know the few nuances of them. There are a few tricks to deal with. Decent literature is often very helpful.
I once bought a Remington Autoloading Rifle. (what they were called before they were named the Model 8) It was an antique gun and I was a little uncertain as to what parts it had and how it should go together. (how was I to know how many people had torn it down and put it together incorrectly?) I spent less than $30 on a book that covers many rifles. Besides the reloading manuals I have, it was some of the best money I've spent.

Or, check out You Tube. There's many videos that may save you a headache.

Maybe next time, before you call names, you could ask for help. There's lots of help available here. Heck, I'd even tear my SKS down just to see if I could answer a question. But not if you piss me off first.

Wasn't being an a$$ and you need to lighten up quite a bit.
What I said was a true statement. They are a simple gun to deal with, once you know the few nuances of them. There are a few tricks to deal with. Decent literature is often very helpful.
I once bought a Remington Autoloading Rifle. (what they were called before they were named the Model 8) It was an antique gun and I was a little uncertain as to what parts it had and how it should go together. (how was I to know how many people had torn it down and put it together incorrectly?) I spent less than $30 on a book that covers many rifles. Besides the reloading manuals I have, it was some of the best money I've spent.

Or, check out You Tube. There's many videos that may save you a headache.

Maybe next time, before you call names, you could ask for help. There's lots of help available here. Heck, I'd even tear my SKS down just to see if I could answer a question. But not if you piss me off first.

Do you think I would really take any advice from a rude member?(hell no)
Besides I typically only use handguns so I could give a crap about most rifles.Also the fitting on the gun sucked so a book or video would not have helped much if any.

Nylon 76 . . . . I received it 100% disassembled in a bag and was asked to put it together. I was asked to put it together by a buddy that had taken it apart several years ago. Amazingly enough only 2 parts were missing and numrich had em both.

I agree - the SKS was made to be one of the simplest rifles to field strip and service

Marine drill instructor made everyone dis-assemble their rifles.
Put all the parts in a pile. Made all sixty of us face the wall.
Stirred the pile.
Slipped a couple handfulls of parts from some old guns into the pile.
Ordered everyone to turn around and assemble their rifles.
Two minutes!
How do I know?

For it's dimunitive size; With no assembly manual/instructions, do any of you know how many small/loose plates, standoffs, pins, springs, and half-moon clips there are, and how they go together in a Glennfield Mod.60?.... I do... Whoa! :s0131:

Last Edited:
If we were talking handguns I would say Ruger mIII but rifles I would say AK :s0114: No I guess I haven't meet a rifle that I couldn't take apart including SKS's :)

For it's dimunitive size; With no assembly manual/instructions, do any of you know how many small/loose plates, standoffs, pins, springs, and half-moon clips there are, and how they go together in a Glennfield Mod.60?.... I do... Whoa! :s0131:

The 10/22 is a pain in the *** to detail strip and assemble, and as I recall, the mini14 is too. Sometimes seems like the smaller the rifle, the more complicated it has to be.

Of the ones I've ever owned, the most difficult to put together was the Winchester 190. Mainly it's that it has an extremely long recoil spring that must go into an extremely small space. It is a task that, as one person described it, requires the patience of Job to accomplish.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top