JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Single action CZ 75? Didn't think that was a thing. Custom internals/trigger job? Wifey has a CZ 75, and I have an SP01, both 9mm. I picked up, back some years, a Tanfoglio elite limited. New nothing of it. Just saw it in the the magazine, liked it, bought it. It's single action only, polygonal rifling, and if a person is a good aim can hit 12' steel at 100 yards. Trigger is odd/light but very easy to get used to.
Cz did offer the 75 in a single action only (SA) configuration. Frame has more of a beavertail than a standard 75, and the slide is marked 75 SA on it.

I have one in 9mm, and they also offered it in .40 S&W. You can also convert a standard SA/DA 75 with the safety (non-decocker model) to SA only. Same for the big brother, CZ 97 in 45acp.

My 75 SA, and 97b converted to SA only, both modified with some Cajun Gun Works parts, are among my sweetest shooting centerfire handguns.

If.....
The OP is now opened up to long guns...due to the many posts that mention them...
I would like to add one of mine.

For a modern firearm...
My Remington 510 from 1941.

A single shot .22 rifle in fine condition.
Albeit with a little bit of stock rash...and some wear to the bluing...both just enough to notice and give some character.
Speaking of character....the stock does have some nice figure to it and the bore is excellent.
Simple to use and maintain....easy to shoot...and shoots well.

My favorite fun shooting with it is....
Old spent shotgun shells ( picked up and brought home after the day's shooting )
Some random odd colored rock or leaf or wildflower heads....usually away at some distance...50 - 100 yards or so.

The above are fun to shoot at and make hits with using this rifle....
It is also fun to hear and see people's reactions when I do , after being told I can't , with such an "old" rifle and no scope.....:D

I learned to shoot a rifle with one of these many moons ago at Boy Scout summer camp.....finally found a nice a few years ago.
Andy

Last Edited:
Single action CZ 75? Didn't think that was a thing. Custom internals/trigger job? Wifey has a CZ 75, and I have an SP01, both 9mm. I picked up, back some years, a Tanfoglio elite limited. New nothing of it. Just saw it in the the magazine, liked it, bought it. It's single action only, polygonal rifling, and if a person is a good aim can hit 12' steel at 100 yards. Trigger is odd/light but very easy to get used to.
My CZ is a from the factory single action and the trigger was very good originally. Then I polished internals, removed firing pin block, installed Cajun Gun Works trigger kit and their barrel bushing and have installed a red dot sight. Accurate and light recoil, mainly 147 grain reloads.
I bought the CZ because of the aftermarket support and their frequent use in competition. You can buy an entry level gun and upgrade the internals yourself over time if desired, there are many YouTube videos.
I have not measured how many pounds to pull the trigger, but it is a light, clean break that I shoot bullseye with at 25 yards. Because of the light trigger and no firing pin block, I use it only as a range gun.
I am sure your Tanfoglio is similar. That is a gun I would like to own.

My CZ is a from the factory single action and the trigger was very good originally. Then I polished internals, removed firing pin block, installed Cajun Gun Works trigger kit and their barrel bushing and have installed a red dot sight. Accurate and light recoil, mainly 147 grain reloads.
I bought the CZ because of the aftermarket support and their frequent use in competition. You can buy an entry level gun and upgrade the internals yourself over time if desired, there are many YouTube videos.
I have not measured how many pounds to pull the trigger, but it is a light, clean break that I shoot bullseye with at 25 yards. Because of the light trigger and no firing pin block, I use it only as a range gun.
I am sure your Tanfoglio is similar. That is a gun I would like to own.
Pretty funny when I think about it now. I only started this gun thing in 2010. Knowing nothing more than I had a Ruger 10/22 with maybe 100rnds through it. And was allowed to take Dads Cold Woodsman match target out with friends several times. I subscribed to gun magazines. See a gun I thought looked cool and bought. I wouldn't have paid for the Tanfo now! But I love the thing. Well, I don't care so much for the race gun stuff, but the single stage trigger and barrel make for a real accurate gun in the right hands.

I'm good with long guns for the thread as well, I just don't shoot mine as much as I'd like. In fact I need to finish dialing the loads for my center fires and then fill up the ammo cans so I can shoot more without the fear of running out of ammo for when the balloon drops. My Savage MK II is boringly accurate. With standard velocity CCI 40gr solids it shoots dime sized groups @100 yds all day long. It doesn't take long to make all the clay pigeon chips disappear at the local BLM gravel stock pile. My wife does have a Henry .22 lever gun that I've only shot once so maybe I'll bring that along next time.

Most fun handgun/caliber.

Well, I love my Ruger Mark 4 Tactical scoped and suppressed, 22lr but the most recent and just go have fun with would have to be the Kel-Tec P17.

From there, most fun, of the dozen+ carry guns, I'd have to say my 1911 10mm long slide...

Cost per bullet makes it less fun but the Taurus model 44, 6 shot 44mag revolver with 4" barrel is fun..

9mm, love my Caniks, of the 4, the TP9SFX is my favorite for full size 9mm, the Mete MC9 is my favorite for concealed carry needing a slim profile.

I have a few .22LR rigs…

-Ruger Wrangler (cheapie six-gun)
-Ruger 10/22 (BTW- bone stock)
-Glock G44
-AR-15 (with dedicated upper)
-Glenfield Mod.60

I find the 22LR caliber excellent for "fun shooting", maintaining shooting skills, and VERY affordable (relatively speaking) to shoot >1,000's of rounds without selling a kidney to fund it.
This is why I have LONG encouraged every shooter to have at least one "fun gun" .22. That cheap ammo makes people tend to shoot more and this translates to better shooting for all they shoot. I learned that as a kid getting my first air gun. Parents had trouble getting me to come in to eat for a while. It was cheap enough I could have a ton of fun. Next time Dad took me out to shoot my .22 I out shot him BADLY due to all that practice. Any shooting helps keep skill up.

Well, if we're talking long guns, that distinct title goes to my Barrett. There is nothing quite like shooting a semi automatic .50 caliber rifle from the shoulder as if it were a (much heavier and slower to move) AR. Though I'll further state that when I shoot this rifle, my range safety senses are turned up to 11 as there is FAR, FAR less room for error when shooting something with so much kinetic energy. It's always a crowd pleaser and anyone present gets a couple rounds on the house. The smiles are ear to ear

"Fun" is one of those squirrely words that depends on the eye of the beholder, same as "beauty" or "fugly," etc. Could be "fun" in the context of thrilling, or "fun" in the context of loving a particular rifle, or "fun" in the context of most satisfying accuracy, or "fun" for shoot 'em up range days, ad infinitum. But I'll bite. 475 Linebaugh for exhilarating fun, 6.5 PRC for accuracy fun, AR-10 308W for fun shoot 'em ups, and 223 Remington for all-day plinking fun.

I have a fair amount of guns and shoot a lot, so looking back over my shooting history and contemplating what one gun seems to always go with and get shot no matter what else I've got going on. Here are some random thoughts on the distillation of my thoughts process.
I really like my CZ Shadow II but man is it hungry for ammo, I find I leave it home to save on 9mm
My M&P 40 Shield is my concealed carry gun so is always with me but doesn't get shot that much.
Ruger Blackhawks, I've got a bunch of them and that's the first gun I bought on my own a long time ago. But now days they don't get out much but I will say the 357 gets shot more than the others.
I've got other guns that get shot a bit but are mostly test fixtures for my ammo business. But the one gun that just seems to be always in the gun bag regardless of whatever else in in there is a 1911 in 45 acp. I don't know why exactly but it's comforting like an old friend. It's not the fastest or the latest and greatest or even the most accurate but for some reason it's always in the range bag.
So, what's your most fun gun/caliber? The one you enjoy and shoot the most.
.22LR CCI Stingers, no better Saturday or Sunday afternoon

The one that always goes is one of my 22 Lr revolvers that is used as a warm up gun. I like to freshen up before barking the 357 off.
Back when I had some heavy hitters (41 Mag, 44 Mag, 500 S&W) if I caught myself flinching, the Ruger 22 came out and I went to work. I'd say that pistol has had a LOT to do with the way I'm able to handle stiff recoil, like when shooting a snubby 357 DA. :)

Wilson Combat CQB 5inch 1911 in .45acp

It's the handgun that always makes it to the range with me. I have put thousands of rounds through it without a hiccup.

Wilson Combat CQB 5inch 1911 in .45acp

It's the handgun that always makes it to the range with me. I have put thousands of rounds through it without a hiccup.
Remington R1S Enhanced. Trigger like butter. Just feels right in my hands. 400 rounds that day without a hiccup.

GunInv2016-1911-4.jpg TargetCourse.jpg

I have a fair amount of guns and shoot a lot, so looking back over my shooting history and contemplating what one gun seems to always go with and get shot no matter what else I've got going on. Here are some random thoughts on the distillation of my thoughts process.
I really like my CZ Shadow II but man is it hungry for ammo, I find I leave it home to save on 9mm
My M&P 40 Shield is my concealed carry gun so is always with me but doesn't get shot that much.
Ruger Blackhawks, I've got a bunch of them and that's the first gun I bought on my own a long time ago. But now days they don't get out much but I will say the 357 gets shot more than the others.
I've got other guns that get shot a bit but are mostly test fixtures for my ammo business. But the one gun that just seems to be always in the gun bag regardless of whatever else in in there is a 1911 in 45 acp. I don't know why exactly but it's comforting like an old friend. It's not the fastest or the latest and greatest or even the most accurate but for some reason it's always in the range bag.
So, what's your most fun gun/caliber? The one you enjoy and shoot the most.
Not a handgun, but my KelTec Sub2K chambered in .40 is the coolest gun I own. And that cartridge packs a punch!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top