JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like that liner look much more than the solid bright red
Agree. Too much red looks garish and tacky imo. A little red as an accent can look great. You can get the liner in any color you want. I got dark red for my Jericho. Red liner not visible in this pic cuz have to look from the back or at an angle but only pic I have handy.
AE9272A6-AA32-4A7C-825D-EA926E810AC6.jpeg

I am also a fan of 1911's in 45 acp and if I could only own one handgun, it would be one of those.
The CZ75 Single Action in 9mm is the gun I shoot the most because of accuracy and light recoil, just plain fun to shoot.

I don't want to get to far off topic
Andy do you openly discuss owning or shooting guns in the office or hall ways at work
where other people that don't can hear you talking about it ?
Sadly yes I do find myself being "cautious" about mentioning anything shooting at work. LOT of other shooters I work with but, we have to be careful. So many have been "trained" to fear anything to do with guns. What a shame its come to this.

Sadly yes I do find myself being "cautious" about mentioning anything shooting at work. LOT of other shooters I work with but, we have to be careful. So many have been "trained" to fear anything to do with guns. What a shame its come to this.
Only too true for many people and in most cases.
I am lucky where I work , no one seems to mind and a few also are gun owners.

However....
At my old school ....when I mentioned that I owned guns , shoot and hunt....
One co-worker said : "What...But you are so nice."

In any event...
I don't hide that I own firearms...
That said I also don't go out of my way at times advertising that I do so , depending on the circumstances.
Owning firearms is not a crime or an outdated Right...no matter what popular media is trying to twist it into .
I take pride in owning what firearms I do have...I take pride in my safe and responsible exercising of my Right to do so.
Andy

Favorite has been a 1911 since before I was old enough to go to school. Not sure why, just fell in love with them at an early age. Have had so many its hard to keep track but hands down favorite now is one Dad owned. Decades back he took a job where he had to be armed and had not shot a hand gun in a LONG time. So went to range with me. As soon as he fired a 1911 he said "I want one of those". So out front we go and Springfield had just brought out the "Loaded" line. He picked one up and said that's what he wanted. He's long gone but I have the pistol now and if I could only have one? That would be the one I would hold onto. Second has to be .22's as EVERY range trip one goes along for cheap fun. Both favorites are MK Series. One 22/45 LITE, one original 22/45 with the BB. Both a ton of cheap fun. The best part of the MK's is teaching a new shooter. Any time I get a chance. Someone asks "can you teach me to shoot?" Its a MK .22 they first fire.

My .22LR's are the most fun, certainly the cheapest. I have to say though, I enjoy cranking off some heavy .357 mag rounds now and then. The recoil isn't bad in my old Model 28. I was told the Grizzly 200 grain lead hardcast rounds make an awesome fireball.

I mostly just shoot a variety of different matches. And the gun I most enjoy shooting is a .45 1911. An accurate .22 rifle is second place for me.

I had to think about this question. I've come to the conclusion that I don't really have one single arm that sees heavy favor. Yet I have several problem-free tack drivers that I look upon favor with. To be honest, I have several that have given me headaches that get a lot of firing for want of resolution of the problem(s) at hand. Kind of like dealing with people. The problem people are the ones that get the most attention.

Over the years, I learned that not all firearms are created alike. Meaning, some shoot well out of the box, some need coddling, some never come around. Further, I find that I won't let go of a particularly good shooter. No matter how scuzzy and beaten-down it may look. If it shoots well, it earns a permanent spot in the battery. I've let go of a good many arms over the years that didn't meet this basic criteria. And, admittedly, I've also held on to some that didn't.

Last Edited:
MY Rock Island 1911 in .22TCM
Thunderously loud with a great fireball at the front and minimal recoil at the rear.
It's a hoot! :s0155:

I am also a fan of 1911's in 45 acp and if I could only own one handgun, it would be one of those.
The CZ75 Single Action in 9mm is the gun I shoot the most because of accuracy and light recoil, just plain fun to shoot.
Single action CZ 75? Didn't think that was a thing. Custom internals/trigger job? Wifey has a CZ 75, and I have an SP01, both 9mm. I picked up, back some years, a Tanfoglio elite limited. New nothing of it. Just saw it in the the magazine, liked it, bought it. It's single action only, polygonal rifling, and if a person is a good aim can hit 12' steel at 100 yards. Trigger is odd/light but very easy to get used to.

Every range trip I take at least one of my 22 pistols. The Victory or the Ruger Mark 3.
Second use to be a 1911 or a M&P. But I have a new 686 Performance Center revolver
I shoot a lot now. This revolver is so accurate and such a great DA trigger. I shoot
DA only now and getting pretty good at it. I load a 38 special coated 125 grain round
nose flat point Missouri bullet.
1699203510623.png

Every range trip I take at least one of my 22 pistols. The Victory or the Ruger Mark 3.
Second use to be a 1911 or a M&P. But I have a new 686 Performance Center revolver
I shoot a lot now. This revolver is so accurate and such a great DA trigger. I shoot
DA only now and getting pretty good at it. I load a 38 special coated 125 grain round
nose flat point Missouri bullet.
View attachment 1755710
When we go to the range we always take rifles. Wifey her AR. Me, one of the Swedes, Garand, AK-47, AR maybe. I will finish off the trip with a little scoped Savage "For Gambles Stores" tube fed .22 LR. Always makes me LOL after shooting those recoiling, LOUD rifles. :D

My H&R 649 .22LR revovler.
First handgun I owned....Dad got it for me on my 13th birthday many moons ago.
I shoot well with it...lots of memories with it too.

Shooting just for fun is a often overlooked and undertalked aspect of firearms these days sad to say.
Thanks for posting the OP.
Andy

I have a few .22LR rigs…

-Ruger Wrangler (cheapie six-gun)
-Ruger 10/22 (BTW- bone stock)
-Glock G44
-AR-15 (with dedicated upper)
-Glenfield Mod.60

I find the 22LR caliber excellent for "fun shooting", maintaining shooting skills, and VERY affordable (relatively speaking) to shoot >1,000's of rounds without selling a kidney to fund it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top