JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
God safe the Queen
1672346637428.png

(ready to practice her Markle-manship......too soon ?)

That's perfect for a safe queen you never shoot. You'll never be disappointed or embarrassed at the range!

Thinking for reelz, something 1911 like in a long slide. 10 MM. Yeah. Oooo.
Dan Wesson Bruin 10MM long slide is pretty sweet and right at $2k.

Another member on the site had one for sale awhile back, I think it was @Elv8DM

You can obtain "safe queens" that are also fun for recreation. What do you like to do?

Pistol shooting - Nice Revolver in 44 are crowd pleasers and economical (relatively) compared with the 454, 460, or 500 models. Know your limitations for recoil if you want the larger calibers or they will become true safe queens. If you would prefer a pistol, you can't go wrong with a high end 1911.

Shooting groups? I have a Browning X-Bolt White Gold Medallion which is just shy of 2K. The wood and metal are so beautiful and it is a pleasure to shoot.

Shooting groups long range? Guns like the Savage Precision or other makers of these utilitarian long range setups are fun to load for and to shoot. They tend to be rather heavy, long, and intimidating. There are many great cartridge options. Beware of the 338 Lapua unless you are into rolling your own ammo. However, shooting that round somehow makes it worthwhile.

Shotgunning? So many different over/under and other shotguns that are absolutely beautiful and not out of place on the range. You may have to work the used market to stay within your budget.

Just my .02

How about something with some old school like this?

How about something with some old school like this?
Taylors' has some nice guns. I think they are all Uberti? Love the look of the outlaw 7.5" and almost bought one. Went for a case hardened 1858 instead cuz I wanted both black powder and 45 LC. Taylors offers tuning also which can be cool.

okdsapodeapo.JPG
The colt gen 3 buntline 12" are around $2000 online fwiw. I would probably rather have uberti SAA clone personally and save $1200 - $1450 but different strokes, they're all good.

bjkbkbkjb.JPG
Uberti has some nice color case hardening FWIW
Another example, a 1858 in the white engraved (engraving brings price to about $650ish). So many models and finishes to choose from for SAA clones and similar.
0107w00l10_jpeg.jpg

Last Edited:
Here you go, a commemorative Colt SAA. These are regularly seen on the auction sites for around $2k and are fairly plentiful. I had this one for a brief while. Wouldn't mind getting another if the opportunity arises.

20210109_160445.jpg

You can obtain "safe queens" that are also fun for recreation. What do you like to do?

Pistol shooting - Nice Revolver in 44 are crowd pleasers and economical (relatively) compared with the 454, 460, or 500 models. Know your limitations for recoil if you want the larger calibers or they will become true safe queens. If you would prefer a pistol, you can't go wrong with a high end 1911.

Shooting groups? I have a Browning X-Bolt White Gold Medallion which is just shy of 2K. The wood and metal are so beautiful and it is a pleasure to shoot.

Shooting groups long range? Guns like the Savage Precision or other makers of these utilitarian long range setups are fun to load for and to shoot. They tend to be rather heavy, long, and intimidating. There are many great cartridge options. Beware of the 338 Lapua unless you are into rolling your own ammo. However, shooting that round somehow makes it worthwhile.

Shotgunning? So many different over/under and other shotguns that are absolutely beautiful and not out of place on the range. You may have to work the used market to stay within your budget.

Just my .02
Good thought into this one, thanks.

I actually have an A-Bolt regular Medallion, not nice as the white gold, but it's a keeper.

With a pile of handguns in the safes the one that ALWAYS is the one everyone gravitate to is the 8" Colt Python in bright nickle. The royal blue is also absolutely fantastic looking.

I'm not much for safe queens and have had a couple of very nice ones I let go. I prefer to use the tools I have, guns included. I have a rare, first year Remington 600 carbine in 35 Remington that's gotten a "hall pass" in this regard, but if I was to do it again with a pistol, it would be another '50's or older Colt 1911. Something about them hits the mark for me.
This pic shows the 1951 Commercial and the 1962 National Match I had, along with my Dan Wesson. Either of the two Colts would qualify, IMHO. The Dan Wesoon does not qualify. I beat the crap outta that one! :D

2 Colts and a DW.jpg

An original, blued 4" Python would also be on the short list of possible "queens".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top