JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not the daily driver
img_20210628_164604-2-jpg.jpg
Take it out to the dunes in Oregon....

2ab598699ff11520740f0b89d972b9a0.gif

...:s0023:

Back in 2016 I bought my 2014 V6 Mustang with 12k miles for $13.5k
On April 2021 I sold it for $12.5k with 59xxx miles, almost 60k miles. Then I took my happy behind to the Toyota dealership and bought a 2021 Camry SE 2.5L 4 cylinder with 13 miles.

I'm getting an average of 28-30 miles per gallon. I'm almost at 4k miles and so far so good. It has decent power and I'm happy with it. I do miss my Mustang but I am glad I got rid of it before having to do some important maintenance. I felt like a gf dumped me, I was sad and almost cried when I drove off, away from the Mustang one last time..... We had fun messing with people lol.

Screenshot_20210817-042929~2.png
I drive a Blue one.

On April 2021 I sold it for $12.5k with 59xxx miles, almost 60k miles. Then I took my happy behind to the Toyota dealership and bought a 2021 Camry SE 2.5L 4 cylinder with 13 miles.

I'm getting an average of 28-30 miles per gallon. I'm almost at 4k miles and so far so good. It has decent power and I'm happy with it. I do miss my Mustang but I am glad I got rid of it before having to do some important maintenance. I felt like a gf dumped me, I was sad and almost cried when I drove off, away from the Mustang one last time..... We had fun messing with people lol.

View attachment 1013680
I drive a Blue one.
Have you done the math on how much money you're going to save on fuel, maintenance and insurance?

You could afford 2 gf's.

View attachment 1013680
I drive a Blue one.
If you want another mustang you can always try a few hours from where I live. Lot of privates in the army get their new mustangs, camaros, chargers, etc repo'd all the time. o_O

Last Edited:
I'd love to get another one but I gotta save for a house. I need a garage for my projects. I wanna diesel powered Mustang muhahahaha!
This Forum was not intended to display deep seated mental problems like "a Diesel powered Mustang", that level of insanity is for the "Straight Jacket Forum"

I'd love to get another one but I gotta save for a house. I need a garage for my projects. I wanna diesel powered Mustang muhahahaha!
Tbh, I'm content with my car going as fast as my acura did. A turbo I-4? Is fine, I just miss having a manual sedan. My speeding days are done anyways. No mustangs for me either.

But gas mileage is so much better, and it requires premium so better mpg is great!

You obviously haven't kept up with newer Ford axles? The 8.8" Ford rear axle is Ford's version of the 12 bolt Chevy axle. They even use the same bearings and clutches! Both made in the same factories! So don't laugh too hard, or you might hurt yourself.
The real difference between the 12 bolt GM and the 8.8" Ford axles is the 8.8" uses 3.25" tubes, and larger 31 spline axles, for a slightly stronger package.
And with the large number of 4x4 Ford Explorers in wrecking yards, the 8.8" Ford posi rearends are super cheap compared to overpriced 12 bolt GM axles. I bought mine on a half price holiday sale for $110. Even regular $220 price is crazy low.
I've got three Ford Panther platform cars with the 8.8 inch rear axle assy. Which is about like the earlier Ford WER light duty axle used in the late 60's - early 70's, a Dana design. Both have floating rear axles. Which I'm not all that fond of. Since the bearing surface is on the axle itself, when it goes, you can't recycle the axle like you can with a Ford removeable carrier type. And the tubes are a tough monkey to clean out after bearing failures.

My 04 Crown Vic P73 has 28 spline axles, they changed that in Dec. 05. So my 06 Mercury GM and my 09 Police Interceptor both have 31 spline axles.

Not long ago, a fellow freebied me with an 8.8 inch 3.27 rear axle assy., but of course both axles and bearings were shot. I'm setting this one up as a temporary replacement for my 06 Merc. GM. Which was built with a 2.73. But the Watts Link stud broke off inside the diff. housing casting, would you believe. So that has to come out to see if it can be repaired.

The completely worn-out WER Dana axle in my 1972 Ford wagon disappeared decades ago, replaced by a 9 inch Ford which has only required one bearing replacement a few years ago.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews