JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nice car, but "3.73 posi Ford rear axle"....THOSE ARE CHEVY GEARS!...with a Chevy LSD!....LOL! :s0140:
Ford 9" is the 'Hot Rodder's' Standard, just like a Chevy Small Block was/is for engines. It is not so much the center section as the axles just like it was bell housings for the small block.

Nice car, but "3.73 posi Ford rear axle"....THOSE ARE CHEVY GEARS!...with a Chevy LSD!....LOL! :s0140:
He didnt say it was a 9 inch. Common 8.8 inch ratio and those are getting more common in street rods as they are stronger than the garden variety junkyard 9 inch like by a lot and theyre all over the place. 9 inch rears in junkyards have largely dried up anyway.

Sorry guys, didn't mean to dis on Ford (hell, I drive one! :eek: ), but the 3.73 ratio was sole property of Chevy for many years.
The Ford rear ends had 3.70 gears.
My Ranger is also available with 3.73's AND 4.10's! (another Chevy gear ratio), which I just find so odd.
Truth be told, the 7.5" rear end became the standard of all the smaller/lighter duty American makes many years ago.

Dean

Filling the garage

2672469308760192023.jpg

You obviously haven't kept up with newer Ford axles? The 8.8" Ford rear axle is Ford's version of the 12 bolt Chevy axle. They even use the same bearings and clutches! Both made in the same factories! So don't laugh too hard, or you might hurt yourself.
The real difference between the 12 bolt GM and the 8.8" Ford axles is the 8.8" uses 3.25" tubes, and larger 31 spline axles, for a slightly stronger package.
And with the large number of 4x4 Ford Explorers in wrecking yards, the 8.8" Ford posi rearends are super cheap compared to overpriced 12 bolt GM axles. I bought mine on a half price holiday sale for $110. Even regular $220 price is crazy low.

Just finished painting on all the lettering for my period build gasser.

3fZ4VGOl.jpg
hVcnK9Xl.jpg

Soon an 2010 Acura TL SH-AWD. Once I get the time, I'm going to pull the engine apart and resleeve the cylinders, to fix the oil consumption the J37 is infamous for.
Love Acuras, we have had 3 and I drive a 2007 TSX that I bought new. My wife's 2002 TL was the best car we ever owned. We sold it to a friend's son and he put a lot of work into it - even though it was in great shape it looked new when he got done. He loved the car. The first time he took it out after the work, someone t-boned him and totaled the car.:(

I haven't ever sleeved a motor, usually bore and install oversize pistons. Good luck.

Nice looking Acura TL. My wife's was the larger model before the change.

Love Acuras, we have had 3 and I drive a 2007 TSX that I bought new. My wife's 2002 TL was the best car we ever owned. We sold it to a friend's son and he put a lot of work into it - even though it was in great shape it looked new when he got done. He loved the car. The first time he took it out after the work, someone t-boned him and totaled the car.:(

I haven't ever sleeved a motor, usually bore and install oversize pistons. Good luck.

Nice looking Acura TL. My wife's was the larger model before the change.
The J37 is random on oil consumption. Some have the issue some don't, resleeving seems to be the better solution than what Honda/Acura does.

But I got it specifically for the J37 and 6 speed manual transmission. Its a beast on the pavement for a sedan!

It was between this and a 2010 Mercedes E55 AMG. The mercedes had almost 100k miles and 2 owners. Wanna rely on both doing proper maintenance on time? o_O

Just got a cherry 2000 Dodge Dakota with just turned over 77,000 miles on the clock looks new inside and out has the color matching Leer shell on the back. Guy in his 80's mostly used it to pull a small camper trailer, and it set the rest of the time in his garage.
I almost don't want to drive it for fear of getting parking lot rash on it. It's a great looking silver gray metallic, doesn't show dirt too badly, and I live on a dirt driveway, 1/2 mile long. Sorry no photos.
Gabby

2014 Dodge Dart with all the bells and whistles :)

I miss my Stratus, Sadly it had to be put down after a drunk driver nailed me head on when I was at a stop sign. Got it for $5k with over 150k when I got it. Ran great, maybe 2k in maint total. Daily driver for 4yrs and put at least 40k more miles on.. I miss you 1998 Stratus :(

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top