JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did a wee bit of .38 Special reloading earlier today, 250 rounds of 148 gr hollow base wadcutters.

View attachment 1862140

Still have 150 primed cases, so will cleanup the odd lots of 158 gr round nose and 158gr semi-wadcutters. That'll give me range fodder for a bit.
Man you are blessed, being able to load those elusive invisible bullets, please do give us a range report. :s0140::s0140::s0140:

I've been loading and shooting a lot of 10MM, just got 2000 rds of starline brass and 500rd 200 gr hard cast plus a bunch of 155 gr and 200gr XTP's.
Shooting the gen 5 model 20 with a KKM barrel and comp.
nY2nCSV.jpg

IMG_1654.jpeg

Loaded up some more of my favorite RMR 135 gr match winners last night. Then this morning got an email from RMR that they are having a 10% off sale today and tomorrow. Coupon code is "CATCHTHETHEIF"

Loaded up the last of my Oregon Trail Bullets/Laser cast LSWC projectiles. I've put together 1k over the last couple of weeks and have shot 400 or so already.

3.9grns of A#2
158grn LSWC
38spl

I'm very happy with the accuracy and consistency at 25yrds with these.

I have plenty of JHP projos but I may try some powder coated projectiles soon.

Leading was minimal with 38spl, but when pushed in 357mag I experienced significant lead build-up. So if I get exposed lead again, they will be exclusively 38spl.

20240416_153301.jpg 20240416_151050.jpg 20240416_121144.jpg

I loaded up 200 rounds of 9mm on the Dillon yesterday. Trying 5.3 gr of BE-86 behind a 115 gr plated Round Nose. A quick process compared to the 450 rounds of .40 S&W I loaded over the previous couple days - on the RCBS Rockchucker with the last 200 using press mounted primer feed.

Good ole #2.
And wow, Jim.
Priming on the press?
A little out of your comfort zone.
Well yeah, seeing that for years I had previously primed all my cases, including pistols off press so I'm ready to go when the actual loading begins.
I did some fine-tuning on the priming mechanism on the AP last week and it is working great so now I feel a bit more confident.

I loaded up 200 rounds of 9mm on the Dillon yesterday. Trying 5.3 gr of BE-86 behind a 115 gr plated Round Nose. A quick process compared to the 450 rounds of .40 S&W I loaded over the previous couple days - on the RCBS Rockchucker with the last 200 using press mounted primer feed.
I also like BE-86 for use in 9mm, but current prices for it seem higher than other powder options so I have switched to less expensive choices (CFE Pistol). I think Alliant has increased the price for their powders even more than other manufactures.

I'll be finishing up the 68gr Lehigh load in 380acp today, then will load the rest of those bullets in 9mm cases. I'll start off next week catching up on a bunch of short runs with customer supplied componates. 357 Sig, 44 Mag, 45 Colt and 454 Casull. My wifes got the tumbler running with a mix of 45 Colt and 45 acp. next batch will be 44 Mag and .308. Shes got 223 and 9mm staged for depiming next week and that will be the last of the 400 lbs of brass I got at the last couple of gun shows.

I unloaded a couple magazines of the 68gr Lehigh bullets out of both my Browning 1911-380 and Sig P-6 9mm. I didn't bring my Cronograph but the load data claims 1250 FPS for the 380 and 1550 FPS for the wonder 9. I'll finish up the 9mm loading today as soon as the sun melts the frost off the pumpkin.

Deloaded a bunch of .223, 40S&W & some 300BLK yesterday.
Time to switch over and load up some rifle calibers.
I de-loaded a box and half of .40 range trip before last. Dang it was nice! Got a CZ-SP01 to do it with. Nice heavy gun with a snappy round, and I was surprised how easy it was to be accurate with it. That gun just feels good in the hand! And last trip I was rather disappointed with $800.00 Springfield Ronin in 9mm.

I de-loaded a box and half of .40 range trip before last. Dang it was nice! Got a CZ-SP01 to do it with. Nice heavy gun with a snappy round, and I was surprised how easy it was to be accurate with it. That gun just feels good in the hand! And last trip I was rather disappointed with $800.00 Springfield Ronin in 9mm.
Do tell about the Ronin disappointment, inquiring minds want to know.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top