JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got started on the WC's this afternoon and had to reset the die's to fit the wittle munchkin cases.
Took some time to adjust the flairing die due to the variances in case lengths, the the seating die was a no brained but the Lee factory crimp took some time to dial in with inert test cases of course. :D
And of course this caliber/bullet combination has a recipe for TiteGroup. 👍
I'm lazy and loathe changing powders unless it's changing to rifle calibers.
The book calls for 2.6-3.3g so I went with 2.8g seated to the last grove then a mild/med crimp.
I loaded 24 test rounds for a pistol/rifle range day tomorrow.

B983C5D1-FC42-42E1-9A44-BB9783B3D76B.jpeg 672B734D-1872-4D2D-8BA2-CDE1114F1F0D.jpeg

Got started on the WC's this afternoon and had to reset the die's to fit the wittle munchkin cases.
Took some time to adjust the flairing die due to the variances in case lengths, the the seating die was a no brained but the Lee factory crimp took some time to dial in with inert test cases of course. :D
And of course this caliber/bullet combination has a recipe for TiteGroup. 👍
I'm lazy and loathe changing powders unless it's changing to rifle calibers.
The book calls for 2.6-3.3g so I went with 2.8g seated to the last grove then a mild/med crimp.
I loaded 24 test rounds for a pistol/rifle range day tomorrow.

View attachment 1853708 View attachment 1853711

In my opinion those are the ugliest bullets I have ever touched.
That being said I have loaded thousands of them. And shot a bunch of them Wednesday.
Make neat little holes in the target if I do my part.
3.1 grains of AA #2 gets about 2300 rounds per pound. Very economical.
But, butt ugly.

That being said I have loaded thousands of them. And shot a bunch of them Wednesday.
But, butt ugly.
I like economical. :s0143::s0143::s0143:

Agreed, almost seems that there is something missing with them, right?
I may try a couple of strings with bull's-eye along with A#2.
If yer shooting paper targets these are the shizzle, big ole holes that even the geriatric crowd can see without binoculars. :s0140:

I like economical. :s0143::s0143::s0143:

Agreed, almost seems that there is something missing with them, right?
I may try a couple of strings with bull's-eye along with A#2.
If yer shooting paper targets these are the shizzle, big ole holes that even the geriatric crowd can see without binoculars. :s0140:
By the way? The shizzle? That's sounding like Snoop Dog? Cavemen don't know about that stuff?

We will be using social credit scoring soon!

/nr
I am definitely tettering on the edge if that happens. I did take several WorkSource workshops when I thought I was going to be transitioning into a new career and it made it abundantly clear to me how out of touch with the new social norms I am.
Or, how messed up the world has become.

But, butt ugly.
I agree. Looks like the caster left part of the bullet in the mold. But they do make nice clean cut holes in paper targets. Not the easiest to use with speed loaders, though.

I Cleaned the 40 S&W I annealed. I Had to rebuild my rotary wet tumbler, [the buckets finally wore out from all the use over the years]so the 22 lr brass is not done yet. I'll have to fire up my casting pot and start making a bunch of cores.

1711841411926.png 1711908122198.png

Last Edited:
I think I found a good shooting load.
First one is the wadcutters, I shot low twice but the other ones hit their mark. Zoom in on the 2x4 just below the target. :p

The second pic is practice time with my 9mm load that I mass produced last year.

5D4B4723-1949-48BD-9E71-CDA8B29A9BBA.jpeg 66869AF3-BC84-4E3D-886E-40750FAF9C5D.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top