JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I picked up some ground found 9mm brass on Saturday while out walking around with a friend - does that count?

A good friend was over for the weekend and we had planned on going shooting and on our way out to a favorite area it suddenly occurred to me it was week #2 of deer season and there might be people camping there - and there were. We stopped at another spot nearby but it was south facing and the sun was in our eyes. Anyway we bagged shooting and just walked around a bit!

Last Edited:
Finishing prepping 200 LC cases for the .223. Still have to trim, de-burr and swab the necks with a Q-tip to remove case lube before priming. (Already de-burred flash holes, uniformed primer pockets and resized). Going to try some CCI No. 41 primers for the first time in some known good loads:
100 with 24.5 gr TAC 62 gr Hornady BTHP
100 with 24.0 gr SW Precision Rifle RMR
69 gr BTHP

I picked up some ground found 9mm brass on Saturday while out walking around with a friend - does that count?

A good friend was over for the weekend and we had planned on going shooting and on our way out to a favorite area it suddenly occurred to me it was week #2 of deer season and there might be people camping there - and there were. We stopped at another spot nearby but it was south facing and the sun was in our eyes. Anyway we bagged shooting and just walked around a bit!
You hunt fall mushrooms over there?

I have to pull down 180 rounds of PPU 7.62 x 51 because they have off powder weights and stuck in the chamber/wouldn't eject from a BM59. :( Powder weights are all over the place and pushing the pressure limits. I'll put 'em back together with my powder. I'll have to get some .308 dies first though.

No, but the particular friend who was with me used to when he lived in this area and only recently moved back and may start again.
I WAS speaking of common edibles, just so's ya' know.
I don't know when the deer season are in The Tillamook, but we'll be wearing orange jackets when were out tomorrow.

Knocked out over 100 45ACP to test out.

45ACP 230gr Berry's.jpg

5000 200gr SWC's for 45 acp to arrive today, so that is what's up on the fun schedule after the 38 Specials. I'm still waiting for 10mm, 44 mag, 45 colt and 32 S&W long brass from Starline. When I get that brass I'll be making mass quantities of those loadings. No rest for the wicked and the good don't need any I guess. There is a Bowling Pin Match this Sunday local to me so I'm going to try to attend, so the question is what gun(s) to bring.

You hunt fall mushrooms over there?

I have to pull down 180 rounds of PPU 7.62 x 51 because they have off powder weights and stuck in the chamber/wouldn't eject from a BM59. :( Powder weights are all over the place and pushing the pressure limits. I'll put 'em back together with my powder. I'll have to get some .308 dies first though.
Are those factory rounds Mike?

Are those factory rounds Mike?
YES! Pisser huh? PPU 7.62 x 51. M-80 FMJ BT 145gr.
I have been buying PPU for the Swede and Garand and this rifle. Always heard that PPU was good brass is why. No issues 'till now. Had the gun a Velsey's, thinking a chamber problem or extractor/ejector problem. After numerous tests and same problem. Rounds were taken down and charges weighed to find substantial variances in powder weights . Plain old .308 (which is higher pressure than 7.62 NATO) and 7.62 NATO shot fine in the gun. It was suggested to me that it's probably not worth the hassle to contact PPU. I'll just take 'em down and spend my powder to put them back together.
You're going to go picking mushrooms during deer season?:s0001::s0001::s0001:
We go mushroom "Hunting" when the mushrooms are out and the most active. ;) We don our bright red/orange windbreakers.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top