JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We'll be finishing up the 200gr SWC 45acp run on a Hornady today. The mark 7 will be doing small orders of 9mm, 40 s&w, and 380acp. The 9 will be made with mixed colors of Eggleston bullets. Due to arrive soonish is 7000 9mm bullets, and 4000 230RN bullets from the Blue Bullet Company.

I'm so glad that my shelf of LC 556 brass is empty, not really but I'm bored with the bad fish runs.

424C1065-149B-4CDC-9FEE-2C90C8B86590.jpeg

They will all be prepped for this winter and next year's loading. :D

I've actually fully processed the last 1000 cases. I must not have cleaned all the lanolin/heet concoction off very well because when I wet tumbled them they turned out dingy. I acted like I didn't care last night but today I actually re-clean them and I'm happy I did. SO PURTY.

3D352323-BBE7-4FE5-9066-1F743CEEA346.jpeg

I had 5 tins of this powder sitting around taking up space for years:

20211103_202806.jpg

I also had a bunch bullets sitting on the corner of my bench and scattered around taking up space and a mish mash of primers so now I have:

20211103_202905.jpg

I opened up all five of the Red Dot cans to check the condition. It all smelled and looked fine, so I loaded up 10 rounds out of each can to test fire. All fired just fine and to the same point of impact as this load using new powder. So I cranked them all out and put them in high quality ammo storage devices! I just wish they would just sell these containers outright ... it's a pain getting that sticky brown paste out of them before you can put them to use! o_O

This powder did not have any red dots however ... I've used Red Dot since the 70's and don't recall this ever happening before. This is the first time since I've started reloading that I have no Red Dot on the shelf. I have never purchased any, every time I was about to run out some old trap shooter (or his widow) would ask me if I had any use for this keg or can of old powder. My world somehow, now, feels out of kilter! ARRG!

Anyway, I cleaned up a lot of odd and ends and saved some space, so that should make it right in the end right?

Naw .... does anybody know any trap shooter widows? LOL

Last Edited:
I must not have cleaned all the lanolin/heet concoction off very well because when I wet tumbled them they turned out dingy.
In my experience, when I put in too much acid (vinegar, lemon juice, or caustic DW detergent like Cascade), I get that dingy surface. If it's because I did not tumble long enough, the primer cups or inside the brass will still be dirty.

Received 1K .364 95gr Makarov bullets in the mail today. :)

In my experience, when I put in too much acid (vinegar, lemon juice, or caustic DW detergent like Cascade), I get that dingy surface. If it's because I did not tumble long enough, the primer cups or inside the brass will still be dirty.

Received 1K .364 95gr Makarov bullets in the mail today. :)
Evidently they were not cleaned properly before going into the Tumblr and I may hav put just a little bit too much of lemi-shine in the mix, just a pinch works wonders.

Evidently they were not cleaned properly before going into the Tumblr and I may hav put just a little bit too much of lemi-shine in the mix, just a pinch works wonders.
Huh? I dump mine into the wet tumbler *filthy*. As far as brass amount, I never fill above the upper shoulder. Usually I'm below that.
Add a 1/2 full 24 oz. mason jar of the stainless pins, 1 cup of Meguires Wash/Wax, about 4 tbsp of Dawn and about a 1/4 cup of lemon juice from Dollar Tree. Fill with (preferably warm) water up to just above the shoulder. Plop the drum onto the cradle and turn it on for two hours.
Man, I get stones, pebbles, sand, a few dozen primers that fell out, in addition to the shiny brass. The water is usually black.

The only times I've had tarnished brass were when I only tumbled it 30 minutes, when I tried 2 cups of vinegar to the above, and when I tried 2 tbsp of tartaric acid (cream of tartar) in the mix. My take away was too much acid and brass is dull. Too little tumbling, brass is dirty/dull.

Huh? I dump mine into the wet tumbler *filthy*. As far as brass amount, I never fill above the upper shoulder. Usually I'm below that.
Add a 1/2 full 24 oz. mason jar of the stainless pins, 1 cup of Meguires Wash/Wax, about 4 tbsp of Dawn and about a 1/4 cup of lemon juice from Dollar Tree. Fill with (preferably warm) water up to just above the shoulder. Plop the drum onto the cradle and turn it on for two hours.
Man, I get stones, pebbles, sand, a few dozen primers that fell out, in addition to the shiny brass. The water is usually black.

The only times I've had tarnished brass were when I only tumbled it 30 minutes, when I tried 2 cups of vinegar to the above, and when I tried 2 tbsp of tartaric acid (cream of tartar) in the mix. My take away was too much acid and brass is dull. Too little tumbling, brass is dirty/dull.
The brass is pretty clean before I resize them, I run them through the dry Tumblr after I get back from the range or the pit.
I use the lanolin/heet concoction for resizing and I normally clean it all off with small batches but with larger 500 case batches it's hard to get them all cleaned.
I always use Dawn/liquid car wash/lemi shine and 5# of SS pins and normally with great success but a few times they came out dingy.

I found the lanolin mix *always* tarnished my brass.
I've had this for ~3 years now. Coconut oil, 99% Isopropyl in a 50:50 mix. Spoon it onto the felt, rub it in to spread it evenly. Roll the brass over it and resize. I use it only for bottle necked or, on occasion, 44 mag.
Wipe off by hand. Have never felt the need to re-tumble since doing this.
Typically will lay 10-20 pcs of brass down, roll them together one or two revs.
20211105_153035.jpg

Some brass from my last two batches.
20211105_151838.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR