JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yesterday I found another 1,000 cases of 40S&W cases hiding in a 20mm ammo can under my bench. They were dirty so I wet cleaned them, just checked them and are dry as a bone. Now I have 3,500 ready to prime waiting patiently for my attention. :D

EDF76E05-DC16-4614-9E4B-9516B5D8AB5E.jpeg 680AD043-FC12-4E57-8B9B-754CB84CC49A.jpeg

Nice and clean ! I have a five gallon bucket of forties that need cleaned. I got really behind cleaning my range brass and have two five gallon buckets of .223 that need cleaned as well. I don't see it happening anytime soon😆

Nice and clean ! I have a five gallon bucket of forties that need cleaned. I got really behind cleaning my range brass and have two five gallon buckets of .223 that need cleaned as well. I don't see it happening anytime soon😆
Most all of my free time (after fishing catching of course) is spent in the back half of the shop so if it's visible or out of place, it gets attention. I've been accused (more than a few times) of being a little anal about clutter and cleanliness in my reloading/gun room.... :s0092:
I've got two big Thumlers that do the initial cleanings after sorting from the range or brass scavenging trip.

Most all of my free time (after fishing catching of course) is spent in the back half of the shop so if it's visible or out of place, it gets attention. I've been accused (more than a few times) of being a little anal about clutter and cleanliness in my reloading/gun room.... :s0092:
I've got two big Thumlers that do the initial cleanings after sorting from the range or brass scavenging trip.
I still haven't figured out where those primed 40 cases I found earlier this year came from :s0112: :s0092::s0140:. There has to be like 400 in that bag? No idea blows my mind.

just a test today, I was cast a bunch of 170gr bullets that I was going to use in the new 30-06 but I dont like how much I have to stuff in the case since they are powder coated and the ogive is too big to fit where it its supposed to.

well I also have 1000 of the hornady sst 150gr 300 savage bullets. Come to find out that I can use them in the 06 and the cast looks good in the 300 savage cases. Now if they shoot good in what I load all is good.
20210929_162048.jpg

Set up a load test of 10mm, using 180gr JHP and AA#9 spanning from 11gr to 13gr in .33gr increments.
Because this is a test, I weigh every powder charge. The Belding and Mull powder drop feeds within 0.05gr consistently, and I'll do 4 or 5 in a row with the exact same charge on the scale. Nice.
Bullets are ready for seating, but didn't want to eff up my 40 S&W setup on the Dillon, so ordered a Redding "pro" 3-die set from Midway, it'll be here tomorrow.

Never had Redding pistol dies. Looking forward to trying them.
Unrequested review of pistol dies:
  • Lyman are good. Produced consistent ammo. Did thousands of 9mm on my Lee Loadmaster without any issue. Then switched to a Hornady LnL AP - I had trouble getting a good crimp on the 9mm set I had, wound up with a KB. Operator error.
  • Lee are good too, but the adjustment is coarse and the case mouth flare is too aggressive, easy to put too much of a bell on the case mouth. Just picked up a Lee carbide crimp die, looking forward to testing it on 10mm.
  • RCBS in both steel and carbide work well. Cannot remember needing to lube my cases for 357 or 44 Mag (steel). I prefer their roll crimp for the 44 mag and 357 over Lee's.
  • Dillon - acquired three sets of Dillon carbide dies with the purchase of my XL650. So far, these are clearly the best pistol dies I've used.
  • Hornady are OK if that's your only option. I *hate* the zip spindle, and thus don't have any more Hornady pistol dies.

Interrupted my ladder testing of the 30-06 AI to load 14 rounds of the most accurate (so far) load. I needed to have some ammo for hunting and the only rounds I had left hadn't been tested.

Worked up some "ladder rounds" for a new 9mm Load on the weekend.

While waiting for my next range trip I decided to clean and lube my Dillon XL 650:

It is now so slick that I am leaving reloading components out over night to see if they load them selves :p

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top