JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I loaded up a few more of the 40 S&W pictured above.

I also loaded up a bunch of 223 range brass I scrounged. I like free brass but I'm not a huge fan of all the work on the first go around. Full length sized, swaged, trimmed, de-burred, chamfered and primer pocket uniformed.

Some got 55 gr Vmax with Win 748 powder.

View attachment 686354

Some got 55 gr Nosler Ballistic Tip with Win 748 powder. Actually used up the last of my BT's. Never really found a load that I loved for them so I will stick with Vmax in the future.

View attachment 686355

Had a pretty good weekend. Loaded almost 120 rounds. ;)o_O
What twist barrel are you shooting the 55gr.ballistic tips in?

Got bored with rifle cleaning so I sorted the rest of my .308 and polished the depeimed cases. Sorted all my range pick up pistol brass, then attempted to deprime my nasty .556. Found all the shiny ready to prime .223 so they will get loaded up to test some heavier rounds than the 40 grain that have been used in my varmint rifle for so long.

I pan lubed the 50, 310 gr. 50 cal. bullets I cast for my muzzle loaders yesterday. I think I may have to
melt down a few more weights from my SCUBA gear.:(

The rest of my lead has been hardened for center fire rifle and pistol bullets.:)

Looking forward to my casting equipment showing up, looks like it finally shipped from Midway. Got poly coating stuff coming, already have some lovely gamer bullet molds from MP. Not to mention all the bullets already ordered, that are at the 4 week mark and haven't shipped yet...

Look like .38 spl. I use 3.5 gr. of Bullseye in my Combat masterpiece. Jackrabbits fear my name.:p

Yep .38 for my new to me combat magnum I picked up some 2400 to duplicate the original Keith magnum load (reduced a bit for sanity) but I was also out of .38 for my old bodyguard so these are just a midrange unique load using the 358429 bullet.

What twist barrel are you shooting the 55gr.ballistic tips in?

Mostly 1-9 twist. I do have a load with H335 that is pretty decent but I didn't have enough H335 to finish these off. Honestly, I really haven't been shooting much 223 for ultimate accuracy. Mostly just plinking rounds so it will be fine for my purposes.

Mostly 1-9 twist. I do have a load with H335 that is pretty decent but I didn't have enough H335 to finish these off. Honestly, I really haven't been shooting much 223 for ultimate accuracy. Mostly just plinking rounds so it will be fine for my purposes.

I was just curious as I bought a bunch of 60 grain ballistic tips on sale several years ago and the shot ok out of my 1/7 twist guns but really shined out of my 1/8 twist guns. I would think 1/9 should shoot 55's well. Also Ar comp seems to be the powder of choice for the 60 bal tips in my guns.

Tonight...

20200421_001620.jpg

Yep .38 for my new to me combat magnum I picked up some 2400 to duplicate the original Keith magnum load (reduced a bit for sanity) but I was also out of .38 for my old bodyguard so these are just a midrange unique load using the 358429 bullet.
It is very easy to make another insert for that mold, only make it short enough that it doesn't HP the bullet, then you can make a flat nosed solids.:p

I use the same bullet (HP) in my 9mm, but I found I had to make a seating die, ( using the HP core for a profile ) and seat the bullets by pushing down on the inside to keep from deforming them.:)

It is very easy to make another insert for that mold, only make it short enough that it doesn't HP the bullet, then you can make a flat nosed solids.:p

I use the same bullet (HP) in my 9mm, but I found I had to make a seating die, ( using the HP core for a profile ) and seat the bullets by pushing down on the inside to keep from deforming them.:)

Mine is a Mp mounds copy so it came with a deep pin, shallow pin, cup pin,& a flat point I mostly just used the deep pin to save the 15 grains of lead.

You must measure powder in kernels to use this bullet in 9mm since it is nearly as long as a 9mm case from base to crimp groove.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top