JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Cast coated and sized 4500 9mm, & 750 .357 hps

B03D4875-88DE-4959-884B-15D6037A7EB1.jpeg 2CD38122-F628-4B12-AAEF-FA1D02FCF52A.jpeg

Another 100 of 300 Win mags/220gr and started on about 75 300 Win mags w/180 gr. bullets. Finally ran out of 220 scenars.I am ready to empty some. As soon as the powers unlock the tree chastity belt.

500 9mm 147 grain pc black bullets, to replace what I shot today. Ladder tests to try TiteGroup for the same 147 grain bullet, and for some .45 ACP 200 grain pc semiwadcutters. Gonna have to get a non-factory crimp die for .45 ACP, I think, I can see why the FCD isn't recommended. Seemed kind of violent... worked ok-ish for 230 hardball, but not so much on the wadcutters.

Loaded up some 300 BLK 150 gr speer golddots and with 1680.
I'm really liking this load only shoot it out of the Ruger ranch rifle just need to get out and kill something with this bullet.

500 9mm 147 grain pc black bullets, to replace what I shot today. Ladder tests to try TiteGroup for the same 147 grain bullet, and for some .45 ACP 200 grain pc semiwadcutters. Gonna have to get a non-factory crimp die for .45 ACP, I think, I can see why the FCD isn't recommended. Seemed kind of violent... worked ok-ish for 230 hardball, but not so much on the wadcutters.

This one works pretty well and is very reasonable I always get the 3 die set and buy the crimp die separate when I buy lee.

Their 9mm four die deluxe set and the same for .380 work so very well... I thought they all would. o_O
With certain brass/cast projectiles the fcd carbide ring can be a little tight and squeeze the projectile a hair too much for sure. But one of those plain taper crimp dies mentioned above is an easy enough fix. Just make sure they cycle reliably before you make a thousand:eek:.

6.5x55 Swede Ackley (40°). 50 cases, fire formed, tumbled, annealed. Now for primers, powder and load tests.

What is 6.5 X 55 Swede Ackerly? 6.5 Swede is one I've not loaded yet.
I chose to start with .30-06 as my first rifle cartridge for the Garand.
I've just got my head wrapped around the the process of loading shouldered rifle rounds. I was somewhat intimidated by the process of proper sizing/lubrication, shoulder bumpback, 46+ FRICKEN grains of powder! :eek: I got the bump back of the shoulder figured out using a comparator.
Considering the most powder I've ever put in a case has been 7.3 gr of HS-6 in .40 cal, and one box of .357 mag used a bit more Unique. all that powder in a case is difficult to wrap my mind around.

With certain brass/cast projectiles the fcd carbide ring can be a little tight and squeeze the projectile a hair too much for sure. But one of those plain taper crimp dies mentioned above is an easy enough fix. Just make sure they cycle reliably before you make a thousand:eek:.
Ordered the plain taper crimp the other day after reading Papercidal's post. The wadcutter rounds pass the plunk test, and cycle manually thru a magazine... got 6 each loaded for testing, we'll see if they cycle under power, and zoom in on any promising loads for more statistically significant testing. Got burned once loading 100 .380 rounds, turned out the pistol I was loading for wouldn't cap off CCI primers, so lesson learned and hopefully not to be repeated. ( runs fine on Federal sp)

" Only load as many as you're willing to disassemble for components, until they are proven."

All of the wascutter .45 ran just fine in the pistol, except the first three test rounds, which were loaded ( and intentionally left) a little longer oal than the others. Seating the bullets so that their flat shoulder was just barely protruding from the case worked well, coal of 1.244. Any shorter, and I risk crimping over the bullet shoulder. Didn't much like the feel of the TiteGroup in this round, so other tests will be coming.
Loaded up the rest of the 147 grain 9mm slugs from BBI, those are a lovely soft shooting round that easily makes a minor power factor of 135 with 3.9 grains of WSF. ~ 750 rounds.

I am going under the knife tomorrow for lower back surgery. For the last 6 months I have not been able to walk straight without a cane or walker. That has percludedone any target shooting. Standing at the firing line wasn't possible. But it did give me the time to load a 2 or 3 year supply of ammo. Hoping for a quick recovery so I can punch holes in paper, and clang some plates.

Wish you a speedy recovery and becoming pain free. I have lower back pain and can relate.

I have no idea when I will be allowed to shoot.My spot is on public land that has been closed to the public. So, I just keep loading. Today it was 46 rounds of 408 Chey Tac. 130 gr. of retumbo and 419 gr. Lehigh brass bullet.

Realized I had a bit of a stock pile of 40 S&W range brass hanging around in my reloading room. Started to make a dent in that today. 180 gr Berry's Flat Point with HS-6 powder. Loaded a few. :)

BC5F4DAE-7963-4090-99D0-0ACACEF437B7_1_201_a.jpeg

I spent a ridiculous amount of time setting up my new Lee Breachlock pro, but I was able to get about 50 rounds of 9mm cranked out before it was time for me to come in.

124 plated over 4.2gns of universal.

Got one of those bin racks from Harbor Freight, and got most of the brass up off the floor and organized. Set up the new APP press, and decapped about a thousand .45 ACP cases, and then sized and flared them on the LnL. The APP is a bit finicky, but even with occasionally having to diddle with the case feeder, it's still a lot faster than doing it by hand. It definitely feeds .45 ACP cases better than 9mm. Loaded up some ladder tests with AA2 for the .45, since large primers are still pretty easy to get. Loving the way AA2 meters, tiny little grains, and easy to get it accurate.

Got one of those bin racks from Harbor Freight, and got most of the brass up off the floor and organized. Set up the new APP press, and decapped about a thousand .45 ACP cases, and then sized and flared them on the LnL. The APP is a bit finicky, but even with occasionally having to diddle with the case feeder, it's still a lot faster than doing it by hand. It definitely feeds .45 ACP cases better than 9mm. Loaded up some ladder tests with AA2 for the .45, since large primers are still pretty easy to get. Loving the way AA2 meters, tiny little grains, and easy to get it accurate.

That is crazy I literally just put one of those bin rack things together today too haha! It's actually a good little system for me so far.

I may end up reloading for .45 soon so appreciate the heads up on the powder

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top