JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Put these together for my cartridge display. I picked up almost all that was remaining on the list at a buddies place. I pulled all the bullets, emptied the powder, popped the rest of the primers and am going to wet clean most of the modern stuff with SS pins, the military stuff will retain the well deserved patina.

BD78A71E-5CB2-412E-9F0F-E07D928C22EF.jpeg DE1B4E7C-2048-4585-81B1-797C5D7FEBE0.jpeg

22-250…AR10….20"
I worked up 3 different bullet weights, 3 different powders. Hunting for a sweet spot within 55grn
Very happy with Berrys FMJ BT…. 100yrds it's great with minimal powder 1.25-2" groups are great for my personal level of performance as a novice.
Worked my way up to popping primers in the ladders….. time to stop PLZ. I believe it's slamming it back hard enough to leave an imprint of the ejector on these too. I'll stick with H380 under 40grns pushing 55grns or heavier or find a stronger primer?
Found the champion of the day at 38.5 grns of H380 behind a Nosler custom comp. 55….
——1/2 MOA? Love it. 1" at 200 yrds. My personal best…. I can swear I shot 5 rnds. So I'm thinking the bottom flyer looking one is little oblong…2 bullets?
And a little primer button that red lined the rifle on the bench until I dug it out of the firing pin hole in bolt.
Anyway a good day at range. This round of brass is probably 4 reloads but I keep measuring everything especially the rim. I've had to toss more than a few split necks… but nothing crazy.

BF954AB7-57A8-4934-B9E2-81CDB3A69A3C.jpeg 912EDD0E-68AF-4720-B3AD-D5AD74AC28CB.jpeg 239E8D4F-EDB0-4FEE-B0B5-51074AE58E50.jpeg AC0DBB6A-AB06-4822-8553-F3AEE0BE98F2.jpeg

This unit is auto dispense and just dump it in the case then seat the bullets.
That's how I load 300 blackout and 223/556, I don't trust the powder measure. Easy peasy.

I also use the RCBS Charge Master. After modifying the charger with the McDonald's straw and changing the
program it is reliable. Some powders I run through the powder thrower on my old 550. I like the 52 SMK
and W 748. Powder thrower meters perfect with W748. Also the 52 SMK is accurate in any twist barrel.
I used them for 100 yard reduced matches. I've got an order coming on Monday for 52 SMKs.

I just ordered some 90gr Hornady's to load in the 300blk, I tried some before with trailboss and was not happy with it, so I'm going to try a different powder.
I will be shooting them out of my ruger ranch rifle.

Teaching a friend how to reload. He finished prepping 100 .223 cases by reaming crimps and normalizing pockets. Then on to priming and making the finished product. He managed to stop and repepat the stroke on the press, so learned how much powder can spill and what a pain it is to clean up. Actually a pretty good lesson!

Growing up at gun shows, as a kid I'd "hire out" or "lump" for the tableholders to help them set up/take down, etc. One of the regulars was an older Rancher/Collector that had a cartridge display requiring ten (10!) large wooden crates (that's three hand-truck trips). At his table, we'd open each crate and lift out one of the layered shelves in there and set it up on the table. The display occupied three tables fully. Then Arden had one table where he bought/sold/traded cartridges and guns.

He had the display cartridges each run-stitched into its backboard with fine wire...each hole drilled and the wire hand-threaded. All categorized and numbered, with a "Reference Guide" (hand-typed by Arden) in a loose-leaf notebook on each table so that three people could research at the same time.

Arden never paid me anything to help him, but he never turned me down when I asked to hunt his place.

Primed another 2k pieces of 9mm brass. Had some problems with S&B brass with tight pockets. Seemed pretty random. Some were easy to prime, others just wouldn't work. No problems with other headstamps except for the random crimped pockets.

Managed to size and deprime around 500 pieces of .223/5.56 range brass. Developed quick techniques for dealing with stuck brass. Best method was to remember which container of brass had been lubed! :s0112:

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top