JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My humble set up for powder. I'm pretty proud of it; but if I could do one thing, it would be to upgrade powder measure.
I've been confirming dispensed to the 100th of a grain (0.00 right?) but I would be cool with +\- 5 hundreds but don't trust the LEE starter kit to dump that. My brain has doubts on the beam scale too…so I use a cheap jewel scale to double check every so many rounds.
Though I can pretty much count 5-8 granules of WIN748 to adjust 0.00. Does it really matter? 0.00?
So what do you depend upon for measuring, equipment?
Also if I went automatic, which would you possibly recommend ?

21B47790-11A7-48FA-8ED1-66419DF7F133.jpeg D2C65BF5-A53D-45B3-9813-F961800D4B76.png

My humble set up for powder. I'm pretty proud of it; but if I could do one thing, it would be to upgrade powder measure.
I've been confirming dispensed to the 100th of a grain (0.00 right?) but I would be cool with +\- 5 hundreds but don't trust the LEE starter kit to dump that. My brain has doubts on the beam scale too…so I use a cheap jewel scale to double check every so many rounds.
Though I can pretty much count 5-8 granules of WIN748 to adjust 0.00. Does it really matter? 0.00?

View attachment 1364013 View attachment 1364014
I'd go with the Hornady one.

No pics but I got to spend some quality time with a good friend who lets me use his Dillon 650 with the case trimmer and case feeder. Could have powered through the 1000 in about an hour but took several breaks for some great conversations. Always enjoy getting to go hang out at his reloading room.

View attachment 1364013 View attachment 1364014
I use an RCBS powder "dumper" as I call it to get close. I dump it into the pan from a RCBS 750 electronic scale and set on the scale, then trickle to the target weight. I do the recalibration of the electronic when I start and verify the electronic against a beam also when starting. I dont do enough rifle to warrent getting one of the fancy dispensers but would probably go with the RCBS or Hornady if I did. For most pistol rounds I just use a lee autodisk dispensor and check 4 or 5 dumps to verify. The autodisk I find creates more accurate/consistent rounds than most store bought range ammo and some supposed target stuff.

I'm thinking I could invest in full auto powder dump.
Dies are dies, case prep (power drill) is what it is….. I'm satisfied with output of single stage. So powder dump is probably worth as the one item to upgrade.

I'm thinking I could invest in full auto powder dump.
Dies are dies, case prep (power drill) is what it is….. I'm satisfied with output of single stage. So powder dump is probably worth as the one item to upgrade.
This unit is auto dispense and just dump it in the case then seat the bullets.
That's how I load 300 blackout and 223/556, I don't trust the powder measure. Easy peasy.

Question/observation….
22-250
H380
41grn
PMC, FC, W-W super, R-P and Sig brass
Listed at max load in Lyman book for 55grn
Measured it few times and put in couple different cases. Tapped the case too.
I done couple compressed loads from the book but generally they do nothing for me so I just stay away but dropped the powder on this one to get rounded load quantities to find a rung on the ladder. I decided not to load these.
So when someone is compressing loads…. They are COMPRESSING them huh?

7A1199D5-5452-456E-B1D5-327D1E98A69F.jpeg

Finished my bench rest load out of 22-250 mostly all 55grn in 2 different powders. Some 36gr for fun and ammo can storage. 120 rnd in total today. Switch to case prep 5.56….
Cleaned up powder table and discovered the powder dump tip screws right on to one pound bottle. Geeze that's cool.
How do you guy's layout performance,I need to keep better notes. Is there a pdf or excel sheet that's popular and organized.
I just have a little write in the rain pad and it's full.

6BC50318-6508-42BB-8750-D027F0DB4C68.jpeg 1DB91608-D9BD-4653-9F13-670702319E42.jpeg

I end up printing these out and have a 3 ring binder with dividers for each caliber I load.

Finished my bench rest load out of 22-250 mostly all 55grn in 2 different powders. Some 36gr for fun and ammo can storage. 120 rnd in total today. Switch to case prep 5.56….
Cleaned up powder table and discovered the powder dump tip screws right on to one pound bottle. Geeze that's cool.
How do you guy's layout performance,I need to keep better notes. Is there a pdf or excel sheet that's popular and organized.
I just have a little write in the rain pad and it's full.

View attachment 1365149 View attachment 1365150

Loaded up 200rnds of 158grn 38spl FMJ (previously pulled) using Win244.
I picked these projos up for ~.07 each. A nice cheap plinking load at ~.18 cents each total.

.07 projo ($72/K)
.02 powder ($36/LB)(3.8grns)
.09 primer ($89/K)
.00 Range pickup brass.
——
.18 cents each. ($9/50)

I'm pretty sure these are just pulled brass jacketed Armscor projos (normally .13 cents each new)

I've had to use a tighter crimp on these due to them being pulled.

20230214_111937.jpg 20230214_111313.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads