JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I should stop looking into places I don't normally frequent, found a bucket with about 300 pieces of 300BLK that needs resizing and a handful that needs swaged so I got busy.
All done, cleaned in lacquer thinner and now drying on the bench.
I'm looking for some SRP's, I've got some H322 for 223/556 & H110 powder for the 300BLK.

0C719A2B-8522-4814-95B9-3A9AC1C634FB.jpeg 705C7688-4A3C-4201-90AA-87955974BAF3.jpeg

All you people with time to reload makes me jealous. I'm full time worker, stay at home wife, and four kids, all with hungry mouths. I have a lot of reloading gear but seldom use it. I normally wait for my very good friend who has a Dillon 650, calls me and says it's set up for xxx caliber. Then I'll make a large buy, and then set up a day to go assemble them. Time is my biggest expense.

All you people with time to reload makes me jealous. I'm full time worker, stay at home wife, and four kids, all with hungry mouths. I have a lot of reloading gear but seldom use it. I normally wait for my very good friend who has a Dillon 650, calls me and says it's set up for xxx caliber. Then I'll make a large buy, and then set up a day to go assemble them. Time is my biggest expense.
I feel your pain, I go through the samething. For me I set aside about an hour every few days(when I can lol) and I'll either do a batch of cleaning, prepping or loading for that night. Slowly but surely a loaded round appears.

I paid my dues, now it's time to git r done in the reloading/gun room.
You'll get there one day.
Not really, diagnosed with cancer two years ago. Nasty type, this week marks my two year anniversary of my bone marrow transplant. That procedure gave me a likely 2 to 4 year life expectancy. I'm young(ish) at 42 and hope to make it longer but please don't tell me about paying dues with time. That's all I will get to do in my life and not reap the benefits of later. Same reason you and I have conversed about trying to get either of my boys first fish earlier this year. Still haven't done that but took them crabbing as that's easier.

Not really, diagnosed with cancer two years ago. Nasty type, this week marks my two year anniversary of my bone marrow transplant. That procedure gave me a likely 2 to 4 year life expectancy. I'm young(ish) at 42 and hope to make it longer but please don't tell me about paying dues with time. That's all I will get to do in my life and not reap the benefits of later. Same reason you and I have conversed about trying to get either of my boys first fish earlier this year. Still haven't done that but took them crabbing as that's easier.
Sorry, I've got sometimers and forgot your situation. :oops:
My offer stands, come up to my favorite lake and I'll guarantee you it will be an unforgettable trip for them. I enjoy paying it forward.

Last night I revisited the loading bench. Looking over my .223 Rem die set, I noticed that I was missing the expander ball. Hummmm.......I got no idea how I managed to "lose" it.

Anyway, I contacted RCBS Customer Service and they have another one on the way to me. For FREE.

Meanwhile, I guess I'll start working on a batch of .308W or .30-06.

Aloha, Mark

Last night I revisited the loading bench. Looking over my .223 Rem die set, I noticed that I was missing the expander ball. Hummmm.......I got no idea how I managed to "lose" it.

Anyway, I contacted RCBS Customer Service and they have another one on the way to me. For FREE.

Aloha, Mark
RCBS is really, really good at customer service in my experience. This emphasizes my opinion of them.

I just got through wet tumbling about 200 - .30-06 cases. While the machine was taking care of that. I got busy with sizing, trimming, chamfer, deburring and reaming the primer pockets on another 200 cases of .30-06.

And I even managed to also ream about 300 - .223 Rem and 5.56 Nato cases. Yup, it's a mixed batch for plinking.

Currently, the wet tumbled cases are setting aside to air dry.

Maybe tonight, I'll work on the .308W cases that have been air drying for the last couple of days.

Aloha, Mark

Aloha, Mark
I hope it's not in a loaded case somewhere:eek:. I hate it when I misplace things. Senior momentso_O

Loaded up some 130 gr Makers bullets for the 308 win.
shot 5 test rds last week grouped really well just not the same spot as my 125 gr nosler and 130gr barnes loads they both group in the same holes.

Not loaded yet but have plans to visit a friends house tomorrow and finish up close to 1000 all matching headstamped SIG 308 brass that's been sized, trimmed and ready to load. I have all 168gr Sierra TMK and Hornady AMax's. I found a load that my rifle really likes and will duplicate it with over 400 each brand and then decide what to bull buy.

I went back to the reloading bench after dinner. I figured that I could F/L resize and decap about 250 - 308W cases in no time flat. But.....NOoooooo. After bending and breaking 3 decap pins, I decided to separate out the easy ones, from the more difficult cases. YUP......some berdan cases managed to sneek in there.

The most difficult cases was a batch of RA 61 military brass. I had to use the old hammer and LEE punch method.

1666933562310.png

LOL......I managed to break the pin on the "unbreakable LEE punch". OK, Ok, ok.......maybe they aren't really "unbreakable". And, Yes......I know that I could send LEE the broken parts and they will send me a new one. But really? Maybe I'll just bite and buy a new set.

Anyway, some of those military primers were really in there. I even switched hammers from my bench hammer (8 oz) to a regular carpenter's (16 oz) hammer. And, there were times when three meaningful strikes were needed.

Finally, at about 2130 hrs. I was finished with the decapping operation. I guess tomorrow, I'll need to finish up with F/L resizing and getting rid of that military crimp.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I'm back from the bench. The job of F/L resizing, trimming, chamfering and deburring the .308W cases has been completed. As for the reaming of the military pockets. It was a PIA.

I gotta get my Dillon 600 swedge up and running.

OK, Ok, ok.......
Remember those pesky RA 61 cases I said were difficult to decap? Yeah.....maybe the person in charge of making the primer pockets was having a bad day. The reamer tool wouldn't even enter the pocket on several of these cases.

1666992732571.png

That chewed-up area around the primer pocket is the diameter of the large primer pocket reamer. For giggles....I also tried a small primer pocket reamer. No joy there either.

Today's quiz.
Q : What happens when your decapper pin encounters a Berdan case?
A : Besides some "broken pins"....... THIS is what happens.

1666992589338.jpeg

Tonight, I need to prime these up. I'm using some of my primer "odds and ends". Yeah.....it's for "plinking ammo".
1666992234976.png
Top to Bottom. .223 Rem, 30-06, and .308W.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Been there done that.

Congratulations and good luck.

I loaded 655 308's today, all matching headstamp SIG brass. 450 Hornady 168gr AMax and 200 Sierra Tipped Match Kings. Showed promise with the Hornadys previously so I thought I'd toss the same weight of Sierras in for a later comparison.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top